MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1021 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019-2020 Offseason Thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:55 am 
Legend of NYFS

Peterson and Stripling to LAA is off apparently.

I'd prefer Joc > Marisnick and Stripling > Wacha. Probably not in the cards given the presence of those 2 already, but those are 2 helpful players the LAA's original acquisition price of Rengifo was not that steep.

A Joc/JDD platoon in LF would be prettttttttty prettttttttttty pretttttttttty good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:04 pm 
Manager

MarkJohnson>You wrote:

I'd prefer Joc > Marisnick and Stripling > Wacha. Probably not in the cards given the presence of those 2 already, but those are 2 helpful players the LAA's original acquisition price of Rengifo was not that steep.

A Joc/JDD platoon in LF would be prettttttttty prettttttttttty pretttttttttty good.

What would be a comparable trade for the Mets?

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:12 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mogriffjr wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

We don’t know who else was going to be in the deal with Rengifo. But Rengifo is about the equivalent of Guillorme.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:57 pm 
Veteran Presence

HeyNowHK wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

We don’t know who else was going to be in the deal with Rengifo. But Rengifo is about the equivalent of Guillorme.

Would you upgrade the deal to Guillorme and Smith if LA takes Lowrie, too?

Nimmo
McNeil
Alonso
Conforto
JD/Joc/Ces
Cano
Ramos
Rosario

2 of JD/Joc/Ces
Rivera
Nunez
Marisnick

deGrom
Noah
Stroman
Matz
Porcello

Diaz
Betances
Lugo
Wilson
Familia
Stripling
Wacha
Brach

Gsellman has options, right? Stripling under contract for two more years could step into rotation when one or both of Porcello and Stroman leave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:35 pm 
Franchise Player

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:

Nimmo
McNeil
Alonso
Conforto
JD/Joc/Ces
Cano
Ramos
Rosario

2 of JD/Joc/Ces
Rivera
Nunez
Marisnick

deGrom
Noah
Stroman
Matz
Porcello

Diaz
Betances
Lugo
Wilson
Familia
Stripling
Wacha
Brach

Gsellman has options, right? Stripling under contract for two more years could step into rotation when one or both of Porcello and Stroman leave.

LA is trading Pederson to get out of his expected $8.5M salary in 2020. Lowrie makes more than that.

So no, they will not be making that trade.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:44 pm 
Veteran Presence

Metsfan980 wrote:
yalikeMetroplitans wrote:

Nimmo
McNeil
Alonso
Conforto
JD/Joc/Ces
Cano
Ramos
Rosario

2 of JD/Joc/Ces
Rivera
Nunez
Marisnick

deGrom
Noah
Stroman
Matz
Porcello

Diaz
Betances
Lugo
Wilson
Familia
Stripling
Wacha
Brach

LA is trading Pederson to get out of his expected $8.5M salary in 2020. Lowrie makes more than that.

So no, they will not be making that trade.

Drat. What about flipping Dom and Lowrie to the A's or Texas, then Guillorme (plus a reliever? Low-A guy?) for that package?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:31 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
Mogriffjr wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

I probably would've said something closer to Gimenez, but either way, its not happening it doesn't look like.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:40 am 
Legend of NYFS

I’d love to get Stripling. I would feel a lot better about the pen and rotation depth if they were able to add him. There’s little use for Joc here tho. I’d prefer the versatility of Kike tho. Give me those 2 in a deal for Guillorme and Bashlor... [ducks]. But that would save the Dodgers over 7M which seems to be their motivation at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:12 am 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
I’d love to get Stripling. I would feel a lot better about the pen and rotation depth if they were able to add him. There’s little use for Joc here tho. I’d prefer the versatility of Kike tho. Give me those 2 in a deal for Guillorme and Bashlor... [ducks]. But that would save the Dodgers over 7M which seems to be their motivation at the moment.

I don't think LAD is motivated to move a piece like Kike as much as they are Joc who is currently slated to form a very expensive LF platoon with Pollock with the lesser versatility. ANd they probably think Beaty can basically replace.

Joc fits here well unless you are counting on something from Cespedes which to me is silly. As is, JDD in LF - we all love JDD. But the burden is very high on the bat to remain elite as it was last year to overcome what he gives back witht he glove. I worry about a 500 PA season looking more like an above average (not elite) bat which basically washes with the glove to makes him more like a 1 win player. Limiting his exposure a bit, putting him in a PH'ing ace, platoon LF, 4 corners backup role probably maximizes the bat/limits the defensive exposure a bit.

It basically keeps Dom Smith/Matt Adams out of LF, which I think we'll see a decent amount of as things are right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:47 am 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

I don't think LAD is motivated to move a piece like Kike as much as they are Joc who is currently slated to form a very expensive LF platoon with Pollock with the lesser versatility. ANd they probably think Beaty can basically replace.

Joc fits here well unless you are counting on something from Cespedes which to me is silly. As is, JDD in LF - we all love JDD. But the burden is very high on the bat to remain elite as it was last year to overcome what he gives back witht he glove. I worry about a 500 PA season looking more like an above average (not elite) bat which basically washes with the glove to makes him more like a 1 win player. Limiting his exposure a bit, putting him in a PH'ing ace, platoon LF, 4 corners backup role probably maximizes the bat/limits the defensive exposure a bit.

It basically keeps Dom Smith/Matt Adams out of LF, which I think we'll see a decent amount of as things are right now.

JD was nearly a 3 win player last year (in less than a full season). He doesn’t need his D to pick up much to be a solid 3+ win player. Can’t understand why some have been dismissive of this.

I just prefer Kike bc of his ability to play all over the field.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:45 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
JD was nearly a 3 win player last year (in less than a full season). He doesn’t need his D to pick up much to be a solid 3+ win player. Can’t understand why some have been dismissive of this.

I just prefer Kike bc of his ability to play all over the field.

1. Its not dismissive of JDD to say he can be an above average bat. Yes, he was a 2.5 win player last year with a 35% above average bat (including a 2nd half where he was the 4th best bat in the NL). As long as thats what the expectation is for him moving forward, fine. But thats a very very very high expectation on a guy without much track record behind him and some warning signs (5th highest BABIP in league from a very below average athlete who hits a lot of balls on the ground feels less sustainable). Simply doing a 2.5 fwar * 600/400 extrapolation to a 600 PA season may not work if the bat "slips" to just being a "good" and not "great" bat and the more reps in LF (which a lot of the metrics, especially the stat cast stuff, think is his WORST spot and may cut into his defensive value more than when he split a bit b/w 3rd and LF like he did last year). Thats all I'm saying. I still see him getting 300-400 PA even if you bring Joc in, I'm just not ready to give him a full time job in the OF without some trepidation. And again, I'm afraid if there is some fall-off from last year, thats means we're going to get Dom/Matt Adams in LF, which is bad news.

2. For the reasons you like Kike better, I think the Dodgers do and therefore he's not really available for the low low price that Joc was.

3. This is all fantasy land as the Mets are not making any trades with the Dodgers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Agree re pt 2 but they do also have Chris Taylor in the very same flex role as Kike...

Re JD, what he did at the plate last season is exactly in line with what he did throughout the minors, so I don’t expect a fall off. And on defense, we have to acknowledge that he’s really just learning LF on the fly. And even not being the most athletic guy, success in an OF corner is a lot about reads/jumps, experience, repetition, etc. So I’m very hopeful his D ticks up and he’s a solid 3+ guy out there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1021 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next