MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:41 am 
Everyday Player

SNY is reporting "internal discussions" about Dusty Baker.

"General Dusty" as manager with Rojas as his apprentice sounds pretty good. Baker took that Nationals team that coming off a dreadful 2015 and won two straight division titles.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 am 
Everyday Player

Gotta figure they are brining in a "name." I can't see them paying Mickey to not manage, only to replace him with Super Joe or Espada.

Right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:46 am 
Veteran Presence

No thank you on DB. Not a fan at all.

The Far Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:47 am 
Veteran Presence

Really am leaning toward Showalter at this point, w/ Girardi next. Of course, Mets, so they'll hire least likely to succeed. Probably Fredi...

The Far Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:56 am 
Legend of NYFS

Disco Ball wrote:
SNY is reporting "internal discussions" about Dusty Baker.

"General Dusty" as manager with Rojas as his apprentice sounds pretty good. Baker took that Nationals team that coming off a dreadful 2015 and won two straight division titles.

That is freakin crazy pants to me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:05 pm 
Practically A Wilpon

Prediction:

The Mets will trade Conforto for Hinch

Allows them to shed payroll under cover of getting their man.

"I think the best owners always are the ones who understand that they really don't own the team. The fans own the team. For a period of time, you are a steward, and you'll be judged on how well you manage that."
- Warriors COO Rick Welts

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:10 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mets need to trade for Hinch and about 15 of the Astro players......

8)

8)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:38 pm 
Franchise Player

Mickey Callaway's name has emerged for Phillies PC job.

EDIT: It was only someone's opinion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:58 pm 
Franchise Player

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Mickey Callaway's name has emerged for Phillies PC job.

EDIT: It was only someone's opinion.

Metsblog is spreading that rumor.

In the same post they note:

Quote:
Philadelphia has not yet decided the fate of manager Gabe Kapler, who led the Phils to an 81-81 record this season during what was his first year at the helm.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:49 pm 
Veteran Presence

pennst92 wrote:
Really am leaning toward Showalter at this point, w/ Girardi next. Of course, Mets, so they'll hire least likely to succeed. Probably Fredi...

Quote:
Asked Thursday night if he would like to be considered for the Mets' open managerial job, Buck Showalter said yes.

"Yeah, I'd like to be talked about it," Showalter said Thursday night during an appearance on WFAN with Steve Somers. "But I'm not going to campaign about it, and I'm real uncomfortable even talking about it with you now because there's a lot of good people out there and they're going to make a good decision. They'll have reasons why and why not, and I respect that."

Much more interesting than Showalter being open to the job, though, was his in depth answer about being open to collaboration with the front office -- something he said has been commonplace for decades.

"It's always been that way. (Former Yankees executive) Gene Michael and I used to sit down and talk about the lineup every night," Showalter explained. "John Hart and I used to sit down and bang it around. You bang it around with your coaches. I would welcome that. I'd like to think that we have good reasons for the things that we do. The best organizations are the ones that are able to bridge all the departments and they're pulling on the same rope and having respect for what boots on the ground people bring, and what people upstairs (are doing). And they're constantly feeling comfortable to make you aware of things you may not be aware of."

Showalter added that the main crux of the manager's job is to run the clubhouse and create process and atmosphere.

"There's just too many things going on to feel like you've got all the answers every day," he said.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/latest-on- ... /311033254

WE ARE!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:52 pm 
Franchise Player

I really don’t care who they hire so long as the manager’s salary doesn’t interfere with acquiring players.

And don’t hire Girardi. He’s such a goober. And Buck Showalter is every girlfriend’s father I’ve ever had. Joe Maddon is cool but will cost more than any potential bullpen acquisition. David Cone will inspire exactly no player every single day. Super Joe has bench coach literally tattooed on his face. Metheny (love that) is still paranoid he will be replaced by Yadier in every facet of his life. Wally Backman (don’t think he was mentioned but getting out ahead of it) just no. Ventura got fired from the White Sox and Nolan Ryan still has him in a head lock so not sure if he’s available. Dusty Baker? Seriously? The Mets? The organization historically and currently built with dominant starting pitching? Ok... Is Beltran even a coach? I’d be fine with Rojas because I know absolutely nothing about him. How about Fonzie? He’s smart. He hit a lot of doubles for the Mets. Classy dude.

It’s all moot anyway. You know we will trade Matthew Allan, Josh Wolf, Ronny Mo, and McNeill for Hinch and promptly sign him to the largest managierial contract ever which Brodie will still get commission on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:40 pm 
General Manager

Wasn’t that dude Nutsjiac who posted a while back a huge Dusty fan? :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 369 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 31  Next