Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 pm

sluger11787 wrote:Girardi is said to be interviewing with the Cubs today.

He's apparently getting a sit-down interview with the Mets, though not sure when - per Heyman.

He said on WFAN he's be back in New York "doing studio work next week, and we'll see what happens." Also said...

"Well I can't really say anything at this point, but if there is news, I will make sure that you," Girardi said. "Again, I hope I get an opportunity to do it again. I'm really enjoying my broadcasts... I can't tell you if I have or haven't (interviewed yet) but I expect there to be some."

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/latest-on- ... /311033254

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:14 pm

DBs farm director Mike Bell will get an interview per Ken.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:21 pm

How many candidate's do we think they will be "narrowing the search" to? So far there's Girardi, Beltran and Bell to get the in-person treatment. Maybe 2 or 3 more?

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:00 pm

I think they'll want to talk to the Astros bench coach Espada, who may be available to interview soon. Or in November.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:43 pm

Mgr predictions:
Cubs - Ross
Giants - Muelens
Pads - Girardi
Angels - Madden
Pirates - Derek Shelton
Royals - Matheny
Mets - Showalter if he reduces his asking price. Otherwise Espada.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:57 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:Mgr predictions:
Cubs - Ross
Giants - Muelens
Pads - Girardi
Angels - Madden
Pirates - Derek Shelton
Royals - Matheny
Mets - Showalter if he reduces his asking price. Otherwise Espada.


If the Mets hire Showalter I may actually start caring again about them.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Mets: Girardi. Done deal far as I’m concerned.
Padres: Showalter. Plenty of young talent to spoil. Easy match.
Royals: some guy of whom I’ve never heard.
Angels: Maddon
Pirates: reconcile with Clint Hurdle. 2 years 5 mil.
Cubs: Epstein will hire himself. David Ross comes in 2nd. Epstein will then retire mid season. Ross takes over.
Giants: hardest one. I’m gonna say AJ Hinch. Trade. Ultimate what?! move. Entire Giants bullpen for Hinch. Astros move to 3 starters and the rest are out getters capable of striking 4 guys out per inning. Rays really got to them.
Astros: Craig Biggio replaces the departed Hinch

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:06 am

Nm. Giants will go for Dave Roberts.

Dodgers will hire Dusty.

Ehh who cares. The Yankees will come for them all. I fear we are entering the dark days. Sauron’s ring of power is within grasp. Our fellowship was the only team able to stop it. They failed in their quest. It was a heroic effort even in defeat, but ultimately I fear doom is upon us. The shire will burn. The Dark Lord gathers his strength for sure victory and Nimmo the ring Bearer watches from his couch unaware. Oof. Sooo Mets.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 am

MikeH wrote:Nm. Giants will go for Dave Roberts.

Dodgers will hire Dusty.

Ehh who cares. The Yankees will come for them all. I fear we are entering the dark days. Sauron’s ring of power is within grasp. Our fellowship was the only team able to stop it. They failed in their quest. It was a heroic effort even in defeat, but ultimately I fear doom is upon us. The shire will burn. The Dark Lord gathers his strength for sure victory and Nimmo the ring Bearer watches from his couch unaware. Oof. Sooo Mets.


I'll have what he's having.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:49 am

Mets and Girardi seems all but inevitable.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:52 am

slugox wrote:Mets and Girardi seems all but inevitable.

Unless Derek Shelton or Mike Bell lights up the room?

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:11 am

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
slugox wrote:Mets and Girardi seems all but inevitable.

Unless Derek Shelton or Mike Bell lights up the room?


Hopefully it's just Tinkerbell Wilpon returning from a scouting trip. I'm not sure this is the time to throw more darts at the board.
Post a reply