Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:17 am

slugox wrote:Mets and Girardi seems all but inevitable.


Wasn't it reported Girardi was keen on the Cubs job? Or was that just a rumor created here that took on a life of its own?

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:36 am

Dog wrote:
slugox wrote:Mets and Girardi seems all but inevitable.


Wasn't it reported Girardi was keen on the Cubs job? Or was that just a rumor created here that took on a life of its own?


Everything I've read on the Cubs job has them looking at Ross or Loretta as favorites. Doesn't make it true, however.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:37 am

Now Shelton is showing up on the Mets list. I don’t know why they would reach out (waste time) for another AL guy.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:38 am

Can now add Phillies to the open list and Kapler to the available list.

I think they’ll be in the running for one of the experienced hands after going with a first time guy this time. So the idea that Girardi or Show will need to reduce their asking prices probably won’t come into play.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:15 am

69FOREVER wrote:I think they'll want to talk to the Astros bench coach Espada, who may be available to interview soon. Or in November.

Martino:
There doesn’t seem to be a lot of action/diligence being done behind the scenes by Mets on Joe Espada. BVW knows Hinch well and maybe that’s enough. But at moment nothing seems to be doing there. Some folks involved don’t expect that to change

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:16 am

Ralf wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:Mgr predictions:
Cubs - Ross
Giants - Muelens
Pads - Girardi
Angels - Madden
Pirates - Derek Shelton
Royals - Matheny
Mets - Showalter if he reduces his asking price. Otherwise Espada.


If the Mets hire Showalter I may actually start caring again about them.

Martino:
As Mets begin to settle their interviews they have not contacted Buck Showalter to this point. Some internal discussion about whether they will or not. Others in the game lobbying on his behalf.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 am

Martino:
Dusty Baker says he hasn’t heard anything from the Mets and is on a fishing trip. He didn’t say this but I was told by a source Mets did make a back channel inquiry to him within the past year. No sign of candidacy now though

Also a lot of sense that Luis Rojas isn’t ready.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:02 pm

yalikeMetroplitans wrote:Martino:
Dusty Baker says he hasn’t heard anything from the Mets and is on a fishing trip. He didn’t say this but I was told by a source Mets did make a back channel inquiry to him within the past year. No sign of candidacy now though

Also a lot of sense that Luis Rojas isn’t ready.


Stay on your fishing trip, Dusty.

Regards,
Mark Prior

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:33 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:Now Shelton is showing up on the Mets list. I don’t know why they would reach out (waste time) for another AL guy.

Shelton won a title with the Staten island Yankees.
He can handle New York.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:43 pm

69FOREVER wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:Now Shelton is showing up on the Mets list. I don’t know why they would reach out (waste time) for another AL guy.

Shelton won a title with the Staten island Yankees.
He can handle New York.

Yeah because pressure and media for the SI Yankees must be intense...

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:47 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
69FOREVER wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:Now Shelton is showing up on the Mets list. I don’t know why they would reach out (waste time) for another AL guy.

Shelton won a title with the Staten island Yankees.
He can handle New York.

Yeah because pressure and media for the SI Yankees must be intense...

That was not meant to be taken seriously. I dont know what a tongue in cheek emoji would be. I'm old and dont speak emoji.

Re: New Manager/Coaching Staff Thread

Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:41 am

[quote="69FOREVER
That was not meant to be taken seriously. I dont know what a tongue in cheek emoji would be. I'm old and dont speak emoji.[/quote]

Just add "j/k LOL" at the end of your sentence. :-D
Post a reply