Switch to full style
Discuss the Mets and their minor leaguers.
Post a reply

Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:51 pm

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/alex-rodr ... -720420760

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:00 pm

Oh god... I like ARod but he doesn’t have that kind of money and then it becomes another Jeter/Marlins kind of situation. Let’s hope this is just a media sizzle kind of story that hoes away.

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:Oh god... I like ARod but he doesn’t have that kind of money and then it becomes another Jeter/Marlins kind of situation. Let’s hope this is just a media sizzle kind of story that hoes away.

Aren't the Dodger also owned by a conglomerate of investors with Magic being the most famous? Could turn out that way, right?

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:26 pm

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.


I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious, but that is being reported.

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:34 pm

Metsfan980 wrote:
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.


I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious, but that is being reported.

Just reiterating what the article is saying.

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:55 am

Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 am

Chris wrote:Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.


Yes, this is absolutely the model that leads to the slashing and cutting in an effort to return immediate profits. A bunch of folks who extend themselves to cobble together the funds and need to use it as an investment vehicle, not a vanity purchase.

But maybe they’re all major philanthropists or something .

Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 pm

Chris wrote:Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.


Nobody scare off the new guy.


8)
Post a reply