NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Arod trying to buy Mets
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46277
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Asbury Mark [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:51 pm ]
Post subject:  Arod trying to buy Mets

https://nypost.com/2020/02/14/alex-rodr ... -720420760

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:00 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Oh god... I like ARod but he doesn’t have that kind of money and then it becomes another Jeter/Marlins kind of situation. Let’s hope this is just a media sizzle kind of story that hoes away.

Author:  yalikeMetroplitans [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

HeyNowHK wrote:
Oh god... I like ARod but he doesn’t have that kind of money and then it becomes another Jeter/Marlins kind of situation. Let’s hope this is just a media sizzle kind of story that hoes away.

Aren't the Dodger also owned by a conglomerate of investors with Magic being the most famous? Could turn out that way, right?

Author:  nyfuturestars10978 [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.

Author:  Metsfan980 [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.


I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious, but that is being reported.

Author:  nyfuturestars10978 [ Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Metsfan980 wrote:
nyfuturestars10978 wrote:
Steve Cohen is still hoping the Wilpons will come back to him and waive the five years control.


I'm not sure if you're joking or being serious, but that is being reported.

Just reiterating what the article is saying.

Author:  Chris [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Chris wrote:
Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.


Yes, this is absolutely the model that leads to the slashing and cutting in an effort to return immediate profits. A bunch of folks who extend themselves to cobble together the funds and need to use it as an investment vehicle, not a vanity purchase.

But maybe they’re all major philanthropists or something .

Author:  R Nitelight [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Arod trying to buy Mets

Chris wrote:
Alex spends almost all his time with people worth over 500 million. He is definitely capable for cobbling together a consortium that could get to 2.5 billion.


Nobody scare off the new guy.


8)

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/