NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46384
Page 2 of 2

Author:  sluger11787 [ Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Thought we heard high 90s for Kilome?

Lots of 93 there.


I think it was mid-90s that could touch 97 or so. From what I saw he was more 93-94, touching 95. I thought he looked pretty good outside of when he grooved one to Acuna.

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

sluger11787 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Thought we heard high 90s for Kilome?

Lots of 93 there.


I think it was mid-90s that could touch 97 or so. From what I saw he was more 93-94, touching 95. I thought he looked pretty good outside of when he grooved one to Acuna.


I'm wondering if those 92's and 93's in the 5th and 6th were misclassified cutters or something. I turned the game off, but watching the highlights this AM, looks like he was hitting 96 in 7th and 8th, which i didn't see at all in the innings i watched. Looks like he got a bit stronger (and Braves may have given some ABs away in the blowout) as game went on, so I retract my somewhat skeptical first impression.

I did *think* we heard about a velo jump when he came over here in 2018.

Author:  benderguy1 [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

Calling the season for Covid-related reasons can't come soon enough for this squad. Other than a couple of glimpses where the offense woke up, they've truly been sleepwalking their way through these games. Bonehead plays, bad baserunning, inability to hold leads (on the few occasions they've had them) and poor approaches at the plate. Is Chili Davis with the team or did no one tell him the season was starting up?

Author:  R Nitelight [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

benderguy1 wrote:
Is Chili Davis with the team or did no one tell him the season was starting up?


Chili Davis is considered high-risk for the virus and is not with the team.

And anyone treating this like a normal year and complaining about performance, decision making, or roster management is crazy.


8)

Author:  Mogriffjr [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

Hearing that Yoenis Céspedes opted out of the 2020 MLB season last night, explaining his “absence” today.

Per Rich McLeod ?? Not sure who he is.

Author:  Hilltop [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

Mogriffjr wrote:
Hearing that Yoenis Céspedes opted out of the 2020 MLB season last night, explaining his “absence” today.

Per Rich McLeod ?? Not sure who he is.


I saw that but never heard of McLeoud. If true, and the Mets knew, it’s despicable of the Mets for putting this out.

Author:  TomInNC [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

benderguy1 wrote:
Calling the season for Covid-related reasons can't come soon enough for this squad. Other than a couple of glimpses where the offense woke up, they've truly been sleepwalking their way through these games. Bonehead plays, bad baserunning, inability to hold leads (on the few occasions they've had them) and poor approaches at the plate. Is Chili Davis with the team or did no one tell him the season was starting up?



Davis is not with the team. Opted out

Author:  Hilltop [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

Pete is so so out of sorts. He’s so confused up there right now. Needs a day to rest.

Author:  benderguy1 [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

R Nitelight wrote:
benderguy1 wrote:
Is Chili Davis with the team or did no one tell him the season was starting up?


Chili Davis is considered high-risk for the virus and is not with the team.

And anyone treating this like a normal year and complaining about performance, decision making, or roster management is crazy.


8)


I'm not really complaining about performance, as much as comparing their Covid-season readiness to the other teams we've seen thus far. I've gone on record numerous times here saying that I believe this entire sham of a season is a huge mistake. It's been made that much worse by the ridiculous rule changes, the Marlins players going out for a night on the town, the continuing daily announcements of more positive Covid tests, the players seemingly not taking it all too seriously talking to each other way too close in the dugout without masks, slapping hands in the dugout. And of course the latest rule change of playing 7 inning games for double-headers. Shut it down -- the whole thing is a farce.

Author:  TomInNC [ Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:42 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: IGT: Mets at Braves 8/1/20

Yes. Please. Shut it down. Return when safe with real baseball.

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/