MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: Re: Players vs. Owners 2021/22 off season thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:34 am 
Legend of NYFS

MikeH wrote:
I’m scared the service time rules agreed to will delay MLB ready prospects more than the rules that were in place. Why call a guy up in May, when you can wait until September and crush any chance they have to finish as ROY?

The devil is in the details, but in your example a team waits months. Waiting 20 days was very easy and often done. Waiting for super-two to pass was more of a guessing game but not that difficult, though it was 2 months into the season, give or take and teams would often want the player to get a couple months in the minors before being called up. A player called up after super-two still got a lot of play in the majors.

I think a team could still hold a player back because I'm not sure it's 100% preventable, but the question is, do they hold them back for months now and not give them a real season, potentially hurting the players development, which would be worse for the player it happens do, but probably done less often.

Go Mets!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32