Switch to full style
Have a question, comment, or suggestion about NYFS? Post it here.
Post a reply

Thread marker?

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:23 pm

If anyone posts a picture of a sharpie...

Is there a way to mark a thread as read to a certain point, so that when you click on it the next hour/day/whatever, it takes you to the last read post? Like the DLowe thread in the Mets forum is 198 pages long, it's easy to forget where you read up to, ya know?

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:56 pm

Just stay on NYFS 24/7 and you won't miss a beat.

Re: Thread marker?

Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:57 pm

tejdog1 wrote:If anyone posts a picture of a sharpie...

Is there a way to mark a thread as read to a certain point, so that when you click on it the next hour/day/whatever, it takes you to the last read post? Like the DLowe thread in the Mets forum is 198 pages long, it's easy to forget where you read up to, ya know?

And a "Go To Page" bar. When a thread jumps 20 pages it's a real pain sitting there going in reverse page by page.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:03 pm

doowop14 wrote:

And a "Go To Page" bar. When a thread jumps 20 pages it's a real pain sitting there going in reverse page by page.

I would love that.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:43 pm

georgenyc wrote:
doowop14 wrote:

I would love that.

Yeah, I've seen that on other sites even when there's 20 posts per page. Actually I think thread pages should be 20 posts long, but I guess that decreases the number of hits this site gets.

Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 pm

Like this?

That would be a very good idea.

Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:41 pm

Yes, exactly like that.

Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:18 am

OR you could do something like this...

you could color 2 different numbers, like 1 for the last page you visited, and one as a sticky page for a big piece of news...

for instance...

So on this bar the green color would indicate the last page I visited, and the yellow color would indicate some type of breaking news, or for the IGT, the page where first pitch is located.
Post a reply