Switch to full style
Have a question, comment, or suggestion about NYFS? Post it here.
Post a reply

My Avatar

Wed May 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Was deleted? Why?

Wed May 09, 2007 3:00 pm

Because though I recognize it was an hilarity from a television character, I thought for a minute as to whether or not that would be clear to every user if they were not familiar with the show.

In general my policy on that is to delete stuff that might be in the "gray area" to some people and avoid potentially offending someone, ya know?

A lot of people read stuff at work and their boss walking by might not "get it". So better to be safe on that side, as opposed to sorry because someone misunderstood it.

Wed May 09, 2007 3:55 pm

metswiki wrote:Because though I recognize it was an hilarity from a television character, I thought for a minute as to whether or not that would be clear to every user if they were not familiar with the show.

In general my policy on that is to delete stuff that might be in the "gray area" to some people and avoid potentially offending someone, ya know?

A lot of people read stuff at work and their boss walking by might not "get it". So better to be safe on that side, as opposed to sorry because someone misunderstood it.

Completely understand....i guess its back to jose :D
Post a reply