MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Hauppauge, NY
a2d wrote:
My apologies, fellas -- my sister was in a really bad car accident and punctured her lung, only they somehow didn't manage to catch that little fact until a couple hours later, and it was a little touch and go for awhile.

She's fine now, however, but I've been at the hospital the past couple days. Hopefully we can get this thing restarted and catch up!

Sorry again.


No need to be sorry. Your sister is a bit more important than a fantasy draft on an internet messageboard. :wink:

Glad to hear she is okay.

Prayers for your sister and your family.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Okay, question about the DH.

Does the player have to satisfy the 450 games played at the DH spot? Or can you draft any player and just place him at DH?


Also, let's remember to PM people!! I would have made my pick hours ago had I known I was OTC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:01 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:48 pm
Posts: 10087
JackMcCoke wrote:
Okay, question about the DH.

Does the player have to satisfy the 450 games played at the DH spot? Or can you draft any player and just place him at DH?


Also, let's remember to PM people!! I would have made my pick hours ago had I known I was OTC.

Any player can be the DH, from what I gather


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:33 pm
Posts: 534
Location: Hauppauge, NY
Is Papelbon eligible for this draft? He hasn't played 300 games, he doesn't have 150 saves and doesn't have 200 relief appearances.

Cause I was gonna draft him a couple rounds back. If he is eligible, well, sucks for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:00 pm
Posts: 1041
JackMcCoke wrote:
Is Papelbon eligible for this draft? He hasn't played 300 games, he doesn't have 150 saves and doesn't have 200 relief appearances.

Cause I was gonna draft him a couple rounds back. If he is eligible, well, sucks for me.


Beat me to the punch.

Papelbon isn't eligible.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 3189
LSU31always wrote:
JackMcCoke wrote:
Is Papelbon eligible for this draft? He hasn't played 300 games, he doesn't have 150 saves and doesn't have 200 relief appearances.

Cause I was gonna draft him a couple rounds back. If he is eligible, well, sucks for me.


Beat me to the punch.

Papelbon isn't eligible.


He is -- check the Position Eligibility section of the Rules:

Quote:
(An exception for active players, An active player is eligible for only the position he has played the majority of his games at, unless he fulfills the 450 game requirement in that case the 450 game requirement supersedes the active player rule)

_________________
jpkmets wrote:
Just like people who don't understand why Blood on the Tracks is awesome or who don't like sam cooke's voice -- i'll never get people who don't love Pedro Martinez.

And I'm kind of glad about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:23 am
Posts: 3167
Location: Manhattan
You've got to be effing kidding me... I thought there was no way anyone would draft Belle. He was my pick for this round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 3189
tom7080 wrote:
You've got to be effing kidding me... I thought there was no way anyone would draft Belle. He was my pick for this round.


You are terrified of my skillz.

Admit it.

_________________
jpkmets wrote:
Just like people who don't understand why Blood on the Tracks is awesome or who don't like sam cooke's voice -- i'll never get people who don't love Pedro Martinez.

And I'm kind of glad about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:06 pm
Posts: 21337
Location: No longer ATL
tom7080 wrote:
You've got to be effing kidding me... I thought there was no way anyone would draft Belle. He was my pick for this round.


It was between him and Delahanty for me

_________________
https://twitter.com/MikeFrancesaNY - Follow my fake Mike Francesa twittah scenario


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:23 am
Posts: 3167
Location: Manhattan
Actually, this wasn't bad... it forced me too look. I think that Webb is a better pick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:59 pm
Posts: 1293
tom7080 wrote:
Actually, this wasn't bad... it forced me too look. I think that Webb is a better pick.


These are the rounds that separate the top teams from the second tier. Guys always fall through the cracks in these type of drafts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:58 pm
Posts: 3189
I don't care what y'all say... my bullpen's got the best mustaches of all of you.

_________________
jpkmets wrote:
Just like people who don't understand why Blood on the Tracks is awesome or who don't like sam cooke's voice -- i'll never get people who don't love Pedro Martinez.

And I'm kind of glad about that.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists