MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: 2019 Draft!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
12. Mets – Zack Thompson, LHP, Kentucky
Thompson has been mentioned here the most. A decision maker was in to see Elon RHP George Kirby shove last weekend. Most expect a college pitcher to be the pick.

This is the latest mock up on FG. Yeah, I think it's going to be either Thompson, Kirby or Rutledge.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

BA's latest mock has us taking Rutledge.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 2:20 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Thompson has a scary medical history.

He was born to be a Met.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:50 pm 
Rookie

Of all the college pitchers that have been linked to the Mets. Kirby is clearly the best of them. Not really a fan of Thompson or Rutledge. I think Kirby can be a legit #3 if not better in the majors. His fastball is really good and has command of it on both sides of the plate. His secondary stuff is average at best now but I think the PD staff can help him make it at least a consistent averge pitch.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:17 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I think Will Wilson is the college position player that slips past 15 that teams will end up regretting having passed.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 4:07 pm 
Rookie

Hoping the draft talk revs up with conference tourneys around the corner and mocks starting to pile up!!!

As of right now, my thoughts on our picks is this, do not, DO not, DO NOT get sucked into first round arms!!! No hurler is without questions, and trying to force such a fix for this system inefficiency could just compound issues.

If Langeliers is there, JUMP it. And I feel like NOBODY is talking about Brady McConnell.... getting two potential up the middle studs with some track record with your top 2 picks (especially without a top-5 selection, or additonal comp picks) would be huge.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:06 am 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:

As of right now, my thoughts on our picks is this, do not, DO not, DO NOT get sucked into first round arms!!! No hurler is without questions, and trying to force such a fix for this system inefficiency could just compound issues.

If Langeliers is there, JUMP it. And I feel like NOBODY is talking about Brady McConnell.... getting two potential up the middle studs with some track record with your top 2 picks (especially without a top-5 selection, or additonal comp picks) would be huge.

Sucked into? What does this mean? Are any players without questions, esp at 12? Come on.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 4:39 pm 
Rookie

HeyNowHK wrote:
degromination wrote:

Sucked into? What does this mean? Are any players without questions, esp at 12? Come on.

Meaning that everyone knows we have to get arms into this system, and double that for college ones that might help before whatever window this team supposedly has closes.... but I think these are late first round arms, at best.