MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Way Too Early 2022 Draft Predictions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:59 pm 
Fan Favorite

The Mets currently have five and most likely six picks out of the first 100 in the upcoming draft. Things can change, either incrementally or drastically but right now they are picking 11, 14, 44, 75, 76 and 91. Picks 11 and 14 are probably set in stone. Others could move up if some of the remaining QO-FAs come off the board.

The commensurate prospects for those picks are
https://www.mlb.com/prospects/2022/draft/

Robert Moore (son of KC Royals Dayton) 2b, Arkansas
Blade Tidwell, RHP Tenn.
Malcom Moore (no relation) C McClatchy
Zack Neto SS, Campbell
Mike Irish C Orchard Lake HS MI
Anthony Hall, OF Oregon

Obviously R. Moore and Tidwell would be good gets, but I would rather they picked another pitcher instead of Moore. Perhaps his Arkansas teamie Pallette. While I'd guess his bat plays, Moore is already pigeonholed at 2B due to his arm strength.

I think drafting several examples of skill positions like catcher and shortstop is sound and I am intrigued by Hall.

They have to get at least three of these picks right, IMO or any success they might have this year and/or next could be fleeting.

Post subject: Re: Way Too Early 2022 Draft Predictions
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:42 pm 
General Manager

i'm salivating over all those picks

i wouldnt even get cute with this draft .. in terms of overslot at 44 or 47 and then underslot for a bunch of later picks ..etc

i would try to get guys that fit the budget for each pick

We will get a lot of young talent out of this draft

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:26 pm 
Fan Favorite

bygranddesign wrote:
i'm salivating over all those picks

i wouldnt even get cute with this draft .. in terms of overslot at 44 or 47 and then underslot for a bunch of later picks ..etc

i would try to get guys that fit the budget for each pick

We will get a lot of young talent out of this draft

It will be interesting (in a bad way) to see what happens if the lockout/strike continues to draft day. Once they miss the start of ST things will start to fall fast. June 1 (the scheduled draft day) will be upon them quickly.

Part of the "interest" is on the QO players that haven't signed. I am assuming the lost/rewarded picks will be bumped to the 2023 draft.

Getting back to this year's draft, another board has us picking Barriera and Tidwell with the first round picks. Disco like.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Disco Ball wrote:

It will be interesting (in a bad way) to see what happens if the lockout/strike continues to draft day. Once they miss the start of ST things will start to fall fast. June 1 (the scheduled draft day) will be upon them quickly.

Part of the "interest" is on the QO players that haven't signed. I am assuming the lost/rewarded picks will be bumped to the 2023 draft.

Getting back to this year's draft, another board has us picking Barriera and Tidwell with the first round picks. Disco like.

I don't think the draft is affected, only MLB players-union players. The draft will happen as planned, lockout or no lockout, similar to how teams are still able to sign players to minor league deals.

Likewise, I think the minor league seasons will continue, though some of the AAA rosters may be short-handed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:34 am 
Fan Favorite

Pallette needs TJS