Switch to full style
The forum to discuss all things relating to the Rule IV Draft (aka the June Amateur Draft).
Post a reply

Round 40/Pick 1214: 2B Jerome Pena

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm

2B

5'11"

Western Nevada CC

S/R

11/06/88

8)

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 pm

Jerome Pena
2b Western Nevada CC

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:09 pm

.293 7 homers 13 doubles 7 steals

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:12 pm

I like that he rocks the very 90's Oakleys.

Very Jeff Kent of him.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:14 pm

"Jerome Pena also was a high school shortstop, and he played right field and pitched a little last year. This season he went behind the plate for the first time and showed promise. He's athletic back there with a strong arm. A switch-hitter, Pena came on strong late in the season, hitting home runs in both games against Central Arizona in to clinch a berth for Western Nevada in the Junior College World Series. He's committed to Texas Christian but is considered signable."

Link

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:16 pm

thudean wrote:"Jerome Pena also was a high school shortstop, and he played right field and pitched a little last year. This season he went behind the plate for the first time and showed promise. He's athletic back there with a strong arm. A switch-hitter, Pena came on strong late in the season, hitting home runs in both games against Central Arizona in to clinch a berth for Western Nevada in the Junior College World Series. He's committed to Texas Christian but is considered signable."

Link

Drafted him as a 2b, I see a ton of cuts coming as we seemingly have FAR too many middle IF AND catchers now.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Metro2007 wrote:
thudean wrote:"Jerome Pena also was a high school shortstop, and he played right field and pitched a little last year. This season he went behind the plate for the first time and showed promise. He's athletic back there with a strong arm. A switch-hitter, Pena came on strong late in the season, hitting home runs in both games against Central Arizona in to clinch a berth for Western Nevada in the Junior College World Series. He's committed to Texas Christian but is considered signable."

Link

Drafted him as a 2b, I see a ton of cuts coming as we seemingly have FAR too many middle IF AND catchers now.

Paniagua, Alen and Arroyo would be the firsts to go if it were my call.

Gotta be able to find ABs for Henriquez and Doyle, and the college kid we took yesterday is probably ticketed for BK, right?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:19 pm

Metro2007 wrote:

Link

Sad but true part of the business of baseball.

Lots of players sitting in Extended waiting to see who they draft and who signs and where assignments are handed out.

Only one's protected are ones we've put money into. Like anything else, if you pay more for it, you want to get your use out of it.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:25 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Link

Gotta be able to find ABs for Henriquez and Doyle, and the college kid we took yesterday is probably ticketed for BK, right?

We added Freeman and Glenn (both are expected to sign) plus hopefully we sign Zapala plus Moran (the Hicksville kid we took today).... so thats 4 catchers right there, plus Doyle

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Metro2007 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Link

We added Freeman and Glenn (both are expected to sign) plus hopefully we sign Zapata plus Moran (the Hicksville kid we took today).... so thats 4 catchers right there, plus Doyle

We also drafted another college catcher last year- I think his name was Howe- who played a bit in either the Appy League or GCL if I'm not mistaken.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:30 pm

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:

Link

We added Freeman and Glenn (both are expected to sign) plus hopefully we sign Zapata plus Moran (the Hicksville kid we took today).... so thats 4 catchers right there, plus Doyle

We also drafted another college catcher last year- I think his name was Howe- who played a bit in either the Appy League or GCL if I'm not mistaken.

Tyler Howe, we still have that overage kid from SD State ( or some california school) too don't we?

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm

Michael Moras too
Post a reply