MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:48 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29574
Location: Danbury, CT
R Nitelight wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
My opinion, I think they overpaid for Planck. His motion (saw video) looked a bit effort driven to me. Do people expect him to be really good? I see a Wotell level/top 20 prospect type, not a million dollar arm, but, I'd love to be wrong on this. Any thoughts on his upside?


95 MPH fastball.

Warthan slider.

Cooperstown.


8)


Arm wrecked by age 26, you mean

_________________
MPH on Twitter

Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:19 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
I believe this is the largest signing bonus we have given a prep pitcher since Scott Kazmir got $2.15 million back in 2002. Michael Fulmer got $937,500 in 2011.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:02 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11634
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
ilikeike29 wrote:
I believe this is the largest signing bonus we have given a prep pitcher since Scott Kazmir got $2.15 million back in 2002. Michael Fulmer got $937,500 in 2011.


and Matz 895,000 (in case anyone was curious).

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:39 am 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
To me, the present scouting reports for Planck sound similar to Michael Fulmer's out of high school, minus Fulmer's breaking ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:17 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:36 pm
Posts: 1339
Fulmer had a developed "hammer curve" at time of draft and also probably slightly more velocity. This guy seems way less polished. I'm glad we signed him but he seems like a pretty large project


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:40 am 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23302
Location: charleston, sc
Only costs money to roll the dice.

Seeing what the IFAs are going for, this is not a bad upside gamble...

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:52 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:21 pm
Posts: 9517
Sucks he has a shoulder injury without pitching at all in a game


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:51 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 pm
Posts: 462
IlikeIKE wrote:
Sucks he has a shoulder injury without pitching at all in a game


Ya score some value in cheap lotto tickets in Daison Acosta and Christian James, then lose it back to slow starts like Planck and Cleveland. Again, glad we signed him, but if not for the price tag he would never have been so highly touted around these parts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
degromination wrote:
IlikeIKE wrote:
Sucks he has a shoulder injury without pitching at all in a game


Ya score some value in cheap lotto tickets in Daison Acosta and Christian James, then lose it back to slow starts like Planck and Cleveland. Again, glad we signed him, but if not for the price tag he would never have been so highly touted around these parts.

If I'm spending >400k on a prospect, I want it to be a bat.
If I'm spending <400k on a prospect, I want it to be an arm.

To your point though, if one of those four becomes a major league starter, you take it in a second. You gave those four $1.47 million combined, which is more than fair value to buy six years of control of a legitimate major league arm.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 11, Pick 340: rhp Cameron Planck
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:57 pm 
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 pm
Posts: 462
ilikeike29 wrote:
degromination wrote:
IlikeIKE wrote:
Sucks he has a shoulder injury without pitching at all in a game


Ya score some value in cheap lotto tickets in Daison Acosta and Christian James, then lose it back to slow starts like Planck and Cleveland. Again, glad we signed him, but if not for the price tag he would never have been so highly touted around these parts.

If I'm spending >400k on a prospect, I want it to be a bat.
If I'm spending <400k on a prospect, I want it to be an arm.

To your point though, if one of those four becomes a major league starter, you take it in a second. You gave those four $1.47 million combined, which is more than fair value to buy six years of control of a legitimate major league arm.


Absolutely. More just a note on how prospecting is much more a diversified portfolio of investment than the linear hierarchy that I think most people think it is. To this day I wonder if giving that money to cortes was possible or not.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists