Switch to full style
The forum to discuss all things relating to the Rule IV Draft (aka the June Amateur Draft).
Post a reply

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:57 pm

I do know they took someone they liked here, and someone they wanted to take.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Are we really complaining about an 18th round pick?

Are we the only team drafting college seniors in the draft?

I don't get the negativity.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:43 pm

HCC wrote:Are we really complaining about an 18th round pick?

Are we the only team drafting college seniors in the draft?

I don't get the negativity.


now u know we should be taking ALL HS guys from now on...stupid mets!

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:53 pm

Mogriffjr wrote:
HCC wrote:Are we really complaining about an 18th round pick?

Are we the only team drafting college seniors in the draft?

I don't get the negativity.


now u know we should be taking ALL HS guys from now on...stupid mets!

=D>

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:57 pm

The average team signs ~2 high schoolers after round 10, fwiw.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:04 pm

ilikeike29 wrote:The average team signs ~2 high schoolers after round 10, fwiw.



Isn't the goal to be better than average?


8)

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:06 pm

R Nitelight wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:The average team signs ~2 high schoolers after round 10, fwiw.



Isn't the goal to be better than average?


8)

Yes, just not saying it's unusual if we only sign like 4 high schoolers.

And after the trades last year, we might be looking to sign more players this year.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:13 pm

R Nitelight wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:The average team signs ~2 high schoolers after round 10, fwiw.



Isn't the goal to be better than average?


8)


So if we sign 3 HS players, we are above average?

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:38 pm

tejdog1 wrote:I'm just going to drop a D+ on this draft right now.


I'd give them a better grade than that based on Dunn alone. People saying he's a potential top 10 talent. Add several potential nice picks between #31-Round 14. I think they're in C+ range at the absolutely lowest, possibly in the Bs.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Well, since that post they did some cool things. I'd say right now it's a full letter grade improvement.

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:36 am

18th rounder Adam Atkins is a late convert to side-armer, sometimes you luck out on guys like that #Mets

Re: 2016 Mets Draft, Round 18, Pick 550 rhp Adam Atkins

Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

tejdog1 wrote:I do know they took someone they liked here, and someone they wanted to take.


This is a poor effort on the imitation. Its completely redundant.
Post a reply