NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=44316
Page 1 of 8

Author:  sluger11787 [ Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:51 pm ]
Post subject:  2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

2017 New York Mets Draft Selections:

1, 20: David Peterson, LHP, Oregon, L/L, 6'6, 240, 9/3/95
2, 59: Mark Vientos, 3B, American Heritage School (FL), R/R, 6'4, 185, 12/11/99 [GCL]
3, 97: Quinn Brodey, RF, Stanford, L/L, 6'1, 195, 12/1/95 [Brooklyn]
4, 127: Tony Dibrell, RHP, Kennesaw State, R/R, 6'3, 190, 11/8/95 [Brooklyn]
5, 157: Matt Winaker, OF, Stanford, L/L, 6'1, 195, 11/29/95 [Brooklyn]
6, 187: Marcel Renteria, RHP, New Mexico State, R/R, 5'11, 185, 9/27/94 [Brooklyn]
7, 217: Conner O'Neil, RHP, Cal State Northridge, R/R, 6'2, 195, 9/25/94 [Brooklyn]
8, 247: Trey Cobb, RHP, Oklahoma State, R/R, 6'1, 190, 6/24/94 [Brooklyn]
9, 277: Cannon Chadwick, RHP, Arkansas, R/R, 6'0, 190, 12/2/94 [Brooklyn]
10, 307: Stephen Villines, RHP, Kansas, R/R, 6'1, 174, 7/15/95 [Kingsport]
11, 337: Jack Schneider, CF, Daviess County HS (KY), R/R, 6'3, 190, 1/22/98
12, 367: Bryce Hutchinson, RHP, Deland HS (FL), R/R, 6'6, 245, 10/21/98
13, 397: Nate Peden, RHP, University HS (FL), R/R, 6'4, 170, 10/16/98 [GCL]
14, 427: Matthew Duce, C, Dallas Baptist, L/R, 5'11, 190, 11/22/95
15, 457: Dylan Snypes, SS, Oral Roberts, L/R, 6'2, 180, 5/1/96 [Brooklyn]
16, 487: Raphael Gladu, LF, Louisiana Tech, L/R, 6'2, 195, 6/23/95 [Kingsport]
17, 517: AJ Labas, RHP, Trinity Christian Academy (FL), R/R, 6'3, 220, 12/8/98
18, 547: Carl Stajduhar, 3B, New Mexico, R/R, 6'1, 215, 4/29/96 [Brooklyn]
19, 577: CJ Van Eyk, RHP, Steinbrenner HS (FL), R/R, 6'2, 185, 9/15/98
20, 607: Yadiel Flores, RHP, Puerto Rico BB Academy, R/R, 6'2, 165, 7/31/99
21, 637: Aaron Ford, LHP, Tennessee Wesleyan, L/L, 5'11, 190, 9/9/94 [Kingsport]
22, 667: Joshua Payne, RHP, West Texas A&M, R/R, 6'6, 260, 10/3/94 [Kingsport]
23, 697: Jose Sierra, LHP, Monroe College, L/L, 6'3, 190, 2/22/96 [GCL]
24, 727: Joe Cavallaro, RHP, South Florida, R/R, 6'4, 190, 7/19/95 [Kingsport]
25, 757: Laine Huffman, SS, Cal State Long Beach, R/R, 5'11, 175, 10/5/95
26, 787: Gavin Garay, 1B, St. Petersburg College, R/R, 6'2, 205, 6/18/97 [Kingsport]
27, 817: Billy Oxford, RHP, Azusa Pacific, R/R, 6'1, 220, 10/22/95 [Kingsport]
28, 847: Jeremy Vasquez, 1B, Nova Southeastern, L/L, 6'1, 205, 7/17/96 [Kingsport]
29, 877: Liam McCall, RHP, First Coast HS (FL), R/R, 6'4, 180, 2/19/99
30, 907: Ian McWilliams, RHP, Beech HS (TN), R/R, 6'3, 170, 3/19/99
31, 937: Ryan Selmer, RHP, Maryland, R/R, 6'8, 220, 5/20/94 [Kingsport]
32, 967: Kaylor Chafin, LHP, Texas A&M, R/L, 5'11, 180, 1/22/95
33, 997: MacLeod Lozer, RHP, Michigan, R/R, 6'0, 190, 7/18/95 [Kingsport]
34, 1027: Jake Eder, LHP, Calvary Christian Academy, L/L, 6'4, 210, 10/9/98
35, 1057: Kyle Wilson, RHP, Crowder College, R/R, 6'1, 185, 9/27/96
36, 1087: Robby Kidwell, C, Brunswick CC, L/R, 6'3, 200, 10/21/97 [GCL]
37, 1117: Joshua Walker, LHP, New Haven, L/L, 6'6, 225, 12/1/94 [GCL]
38, 1147: Daniel Alfonzo, 3B, Bayside HS (NY), R/R, 5'10, 220, 7/2/99
39, 1177: Noah Nunez, RHP, Santana HS (CA), R/R, 6'4, 210, 12/28/98 [GCL]
40, 1207: Ronnie Taylor, Jr., RHP, Allen HS (TX), R/R, 6'3, 220, 10/6/98

Total Picks: 40 ( College Sr: 10 / Jr: 13 / So: 0 / J3: 0 / J2: 3 / J1: 1 / HS: 13 )

Position Players: 13 ( C: 2 / 1B: 2 / 2B: 0 / SS: 2 / 3B: 3 / OF: 4 )
Bats: 13 ( R: 6 / L: 7 / S: 0 )

Pitchers: 27 ( RHP: 21 / LHP: 6 )

Notes:
GREEN: Player is signed/has agreed to terms.
Italics indicates college senior.
Round and selection numbers link to individual player threads for each selection.
Initial roster assignment is indicated in [brackets].

Players intending to honor college commitments:
17, 517: AJ Labas (Louisiana State University)
19, 577: CJ Van Eyk (Florida State University)
34, 1027: Jake Eder (Vanderbilt University)
38, 1147: Daniel Alfonzo (Adelphi University)

Draft Budget:
Code:
Pick  Player            Slot          Actual        Savings
020   Peterson      $2,994,500     $2,994,500            $0
059   Vientos       $1,094,700     $1,500,000     ($405,300)
097   Brodey          $553,200       $500,000       $53,200
127   Dibrell         $413,100       $380,000       $33,100
157   Winaker         $307,800       $280,000       $27,800
187   Renteria        $237,600       $125,000      $112,600
217   O'Neil          $186,200        $10,000      $176,200
247   Cobb            $153,400        $20,000      $133,400
277   Chadwick        $139,700        $10,000      $129,700
307   Villines        $132,300        $10,000      $122,300
367   Hutchinson      $125,000       $360,000     ($235,000)
1057  Wilson          $125,000       $270,000     ($145,000)
Total:              $6,462,500     $6,459,500        $3,000


Previous Draft Selections:
2016
2015
2014
2013
2012
2011
2010
2009
2008
2007

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Vientos is likely to require something like $1.5M to sign. And I don't see any of the others in the top 5 going under slot by much, so I don't know that they're going to have much juice to throw around downdraft.

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

HeyNowHK wrote:
Vientos is likely to require something like $1.5M to sign. And I don't see any of the others in the top 5 going under slot by much, so I don't know that they're going to have much juice to throw around downdraft.


If he signs for 1.5, we'll be in good shape cause he's probably the only top 10 pick who goes over. The picks #6-10 are probably 500K under between them, maybe even a bit more, picks 3-5, I think will come pretty close to slot.

#1 is a question, cause Cecchini & Dom both went under (a little). Conforto went slot and I think Dunn went slot. With the #20 pick now at nearly 3 million I think most teams will try to negotiate some underslot with their top picks (Blake Rutherford types being the exception).

I think Vientos will get close to 2 million.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

LTKfRGM wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Vientos is likely to require something like $1.5M to sign. And I don't see any of the others in the top 5 going under slot by much, so I don't know that they're going to have much juice to throw around downdraft.


If he signs for 1.5, we'll be in good shape cause he's probably the only top 10 pick who goes over. The picks #6-10 are probably 500K under between them, maybe even a bit more, picks 3-5, I think will come pretty close to slot.

#1 is a question, cause Cecchini & Dom both went under (a little). Conforto went slot and I think Dunn went slot. With the #20 pick now at nearly 3 million I think most teams will try to negotiate some underslot with their top picks (Blake Rutherford types being the exception).

I think Vientos will get close to 2 million.

With most draft projections having Peterson going anywhere from the 12th to 18th pick, I don't see him needing to give up money for having dropped a few slots. Seems like he's got pretty decent amount of leverage here. Mets are getting a guy most expected to go higher... they can't expect him to sign for below slot money also.

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Are they going to make some attempt to sign Labas and van Eyk?

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

HeyNowHK wrote:
Are they going to make some attempt to sign Labas and van Eyk?

Van Eyk is the Vientos contingency. He wants a million.

I think they'll make a run about Labas but I wouldn't expect they sign him.

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Green up Robby Kidwell.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Nunez- Green

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

ilikeike29 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Are they going to make some attempt to sign Labas and van Eyk?

Van Eyk is the Vientos contingency. He wants a million.

I think they'll make a run about Labas but I wouldn't expect they sign him.

I thought they lose the slot amount if they fail to sign Vientos. Do I have that wrong?

Labas looks like a beast. Would def put the draft over the top IMO. He's a bigger get than Hutch IMO.

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

HeyNowHK wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
Are they going to make some attempt to sign Labas and van Eyk?

Van Eyk is the Vientos contingency. He wants a million.

I think they'll make a run about Labas but I wouldn't expect they sign him.

I thought they lose the slot amount if they fail to sign Vientos. Do I have that wrong?

You're right. But they'd still get to reallocate the savings that come from all the senior signs in rounds 6-10.

Author:  Metro2007 [ Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Mets officially sign Oxford, Chadwick, O'Neill, Cavallaro, Villnes, Peden, Snypes, Garay, Ford, Sierra, Selmer, Kidwell, Payne, Vasquez, Stajduhar, McCall, Nunez per official release

Author:  HeyNowHK [ Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: 2017 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

32nd rounder Kaylor Chafin has another year of eligibility (RS junior).

Page 1 of 8 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/