MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59192
Metro2007 wrote:
Did you know... Marcel Renteria is "related to" ex-MLBer Gil Heredia?


I would've guessed Edgar or Rick before Gil Heredia.

Is Gil Heredia related to Felix Heredia, one of the greatest Mets ever?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:27 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80768
Location: New York, NY
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Did you know... Marcel Renteria is "related to" ex-MLBer Gil Heredia?


I would've guessed Edgar or Rick before Gil Heredia.

Is Gil Heredia related to Felix Heredia, one of the greatest Mets ever?



It appears Gil is of Mexican American descent while Felix is Dominican but that was just a cursory search.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29575
Location: Danbury, CT
R Nitelight wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
Frankie P said he has a big FB



I like when he posts those amusing cat videos.....


8)


Frankie P says Relax

_________________
MPH on Twitter

Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:08 pm 
User avatar
Online
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
He's not black. His most distinguishing "feature" is his oversize hat

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews ... .image.jpg


Then find a different comp. Everyone knows Tom Gordon comps are reserved.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1205 ... tom-gordon



Wondering what the Keston Hiura comp was....

Maybe a Sin Su Choo/Kaz Matsui combo projection?

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
Daaaarryyl wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Metro2007 wrote:
He's not black. His most distinguishing "feature" is his oversize hat

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews ... .image.jpg


Then find a different comp. Everyone knows Tom Gordon comps are reserved.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1205 ... tom-gordon



Wondering what the Keston Hiura comp was....

Maybe a Sin Su Choo/Kaz Matsui combo projection?

Rob Refsnyder


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:28 pm 
User avatar
Online
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
ilikeike29 wrote:
Rob Refsnyder


I know you get the narrative but if that's actually what they think of him I'm glad he wasn't our 1st rounder...

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
@FPiliereD1
Follow
More
#Mets take a high octane arm in @NMStateBaseball RHP Marcel Renteria. Up to 99 mph this spring, sits 94-97


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:02 pm 
Offline
Fan Favorite

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:52 pm
Posts: 1507
Location: New York, NY
"My goal was to be drafted in the Top 10 rounds and I was told I had that opportunity but I got the call today (Tuesday) and (the Mets) told me that I was on their board," Renteria said.

Renteria said he will sign with the Mets organization rather than return for his senior year.

Link

_________________
Rationality reigns supreme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Practically A Wilpon

Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:52 pm
Posts: 9255
thudean wrote:
"My goal was to be drafted in the Top 10 rounds and I was told I had that opportunity but I got the call today (Tuesday) and (the Mets) told me that I was on their board," Renteria said.

Renteria said he will sign with the Mets organization rather than return for his senior year.

Link

So he's not a senior sign?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:49 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:02 pm
Posts: 581
Old enough to be a senior.

Maybe a red-shirt? Do they even do that in College baseball?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:13 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:24 pm
Posts: 1112
ilikeike29 wrote:
thudean wrote:
"My goal was to be drafted in the Top 10 rounds and I was told I had that opportunity but I got the call today (Tuesday) and (the Mets) told me that I was on their board," Renteria said.

Renteria said he will sign with the Mets organization rather than return for his senior year.

Link

So he's not a senior sign?



He's a redshirt junior.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2017 NYM Draft: Round 06, Pick 187 RHP Marcel Renteria
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:04 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29575
Location: Danbury, CT
My bad, tracker had him as a senior

_________________
MPH on Twitter

Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists