MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:28 am 
Rookie

TRAVIS SWAGGERTY?!?!?

I want him just for the name alone.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:47 am 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:
https://medium.com/minor-league-madhouse/2018-mlb-mock-draft-spring-training-edition-ee56cab47505

I think for a college pitcher baa is an important stat to look at. There is a gap between Singer and other top pitchers so far. I think his hit and miss stuff lacks compared to an ace or even #2 starter. The more I have read and watched I'm not interested at all.
Side note Hankins is pitching again only one inning hitting 93-94

Stock down as mets possible picks
Gorman
DeSandes
Singer

I'm really not sure that Singer's stock is down.

However, I think cases can be made that others (Mize, Rolison) are creeping up.

Also, for all the talk, I'm not sure this is a deeper draft than last year's but I'm still learning about a lot of these kids.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 am 
Legend of NYFS

SNESandMets wrote:
TRAVIS SWAGGERTY?!?!?

I want him just for the name alone.

He's another who may be creeping up lists. Def has that Benintendi look.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:50 pm 
Draft Pick

I've read the same on Swaggerty he seems to be a top 10 guy at the moment. I'm going off the top of my head but I believe the worry on him coming into this year was a concern of pop but he is currently addressing that.
Anybody have any other bats at #6 besides Gorman, Swaggerty or Madragal? Is Turang a possibility even with Rosario as the l9ng term answer at short? I say no

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:
I've read the same on Swaggerty he seems to be a top 10 guy at the moment. I'm going off the top of my head but I believe the worry on him coming into this year was a concern of pop but he is currently addressing that.
Anybody have any other bats at #6 besides Gorman, Swaggerty or Madragal? Is Turang a possibility even with Rosario as the l9ng term answer at short? I say no

I think they'll have a hard time passing up one of the premier college arms at 6 even tho Swaggerty seems to be making a very convincing case. And I assume they prob have Madrigal as high as anyone else as well. So I would assume that whichever pf Singer, Rolison or Mize falls to them. Not sure if they would go prep arm otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:22 pm 
Draft Pick

Uconn vs South Florida
Auburn vs Kentucky
Florida vs Arkansas

Could be 6 first round starting pitchers in these games, pretty amazing.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:36 pm 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:
Uconn vs South Florida
Auburn vs Kentucky
Florida vs Arkansas

Could be 6 first round starting pitchers in these games, pretty amazing.

Sounds like Blaine Knight may have outpitched Singer last night. And Mize was brilliant again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:19 am 
Draft Pick

He did. Mize had a rough second inning then was in lockdown mode. McCalahan got bombed by Uconn and only made it two innings giving up 6er his location seems to be an issue each game at points. Except for this game he corrects the issues as the game goes on. Command issues don't scream #1 overall pick.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:27 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Singer seemingly got back on track Friday with a big performance. Mize and McClanahan had good games also. Rolison was dinged pretty good tho. He was outpitched by Blaine Knight (again).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

What is the word on Alec Bohm? Appears to have big power, enough that even a shift to 1B can work. Possibility at 6?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:08 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
John from Peru: Has a top tier of the draft formed yet? Who’s on it and how deep is it so far? Is there anyone just on the outside of that tier who could potentially sneak in by draft day?

Eric A Longenhagen: Kiley and I were talking about it yesterday as we’re prepping an draft board update. We agree Mize, Bohm and Madrigal are tier 1, Libby, Swaggerty and the rest of the premium college pitching are tier 2. Still time for some of the NE high schoolers to start playing and really blow up.

Looks like I have my answer on Bohm. And is Madrigal in tier 1 by default? He hasn't played yet, right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:14 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Craig: Why do you think Alec Bohm is a tier 1 prospect? Do you think he goes in the top 5 picks?

Eric A Longenhagen: Crazy raw power, chance to stay at 3B. Yes, I thikn he goes top 5.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 66  Next