MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:19 pm 
Draft Pick

There is always a bat that pops up late but this is a big rise. I think most rankings and mocks had him mid to late first. I have been looking for a late name to pop up because I don't think Mets go Swaggerty route. Mets need an impact bat in the farm.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:22 pm 
Draft Pick

Madragal played in 5 games I think and tore it up before he tore himself up. Hit a couple HRs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Apparently BA's first mock of the top ten has Rolison at 6.

1- Detroit: Mize
2- SF: Liberatore
3- Phila: Madrigal
4- ChiS: McClanahan
5- Cinci: Singer (oof!)
6- Mets: Rolison
7- SD: Turang
8- Atlanta: Hankins
9- Oakland: Swaggerty
10- Pitts: Bohm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

corydd7 wrote:
There is always a bat that pops up late but this is a big rise. I think most rankings and mocks had him mid to late first. I have been looking for a late name to pop up because I don't think Mets go Swaggerty route. Mets need an impact bat in the farm.

India appears to have a lot of helium also. Supposedly a plus glove also.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:44 pm 
Legend of NYFS

India hit his 11th HR today. Not sure if he's in play at 6 but he looks like a pretty solid mid first pick.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:59 am 
Legend of NYFS

Quote:
Auburn right-hander Casey Mize is favored to come off the board first overall at the moment, but the Tigers are also looking at Jarred Kelenic — a high school outfielder out of Waukesha, Wis., as a possibility with the top pick.

Link

As unlikely as that sounds that help the Mets by pushing the pitchers down a slot.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:28 am 
Legend of NYFS

Mize continued his brilliant season with a CG last night. Singer also pitched a solid 7 I believe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:30 am 
Legend of NYFS

BTW I'm not so sure I see what makes this class so much deeper than last years's as of yet. But it's still early.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:40 pm 
Everyday Player

A lot of the college guys have gotten off to slow first halves and lost some ground, but given the freezing cold this year, a lot of them will get passes if they finish strong I'd think. The trenendous depth up the middle and on the mound in the HS ranks still pushes it to a great class.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:01 pm 
Everyday Player

Kelenic to Detroit is interesting. Things have been quiet on him and thought he might end up a prime example of howa guy like Mike Trout doesn't get taken earlier.

Still though, with the career altuve is having, what Albies is doing early in Atlanta, and what kingery has been up to, I'd have no problem popping madrigal 1-1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:18 pm 
Legend of NYFS

degromination wrote:
Kelenic to Detroit is interesting. Things have been quiet on him and thought he might end up a prime example of howa guy like Mike Trout doesn't get taken earlier.

Still though, with the career altuve is having, what Albies is doing early in Atlanta, and what kingery has been up to, I'd have no problem popping madrigal 1-1

Hah, being diminutive is the new market inefficiency?? I don't think Madrigal's outcome is connected to Altuve or Albies.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:27 am 
Everyday Player

I'd say a market inefficiency is a fine way of saying it. You don't take a guy because he's tiny, but if the tiny guy has enough talent I'm not discounting him for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 66  Next