MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2018 DRAFT!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:22 pm 
Everyday Player

HeyNowHK wrote:
MLB pipeline top 100 draft list is out.

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2018?list=draft

A guy that I'm surprised never gained complete traction and entered consideration for the top grouping of potential first round hurlers is Jaden Hill. The pipeline has him only one pick off of our #3 pick. You give me an upside guy with the #1, a safer pick in the second, and a Jaden Hill in the third and that's quite the steal IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:29 am 
Legend of NYFS

So Singer won the match up with Mize on Thursday.

Remind me what the knock on Singer is? He's actually been consistently excellent all season. Had 1 bad start all season.

Meanwhile McClanahan had a huge game last with 13 Ks in 7 innings. I really think he's their guy. I'll be happy with either him or Singer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:26 am 
Draft Pick

As far as the knocks on Singer he had an injury pop up after being drafted out of HS. He has a arm slot that not everyone likes. Doesn't have dominant stuff like Mize more of a #2 upside then ace. That's my opinion from watching and reading about him the last year. I'm low man around here on Singer but I will say I'm impressed with him excluding his first 5 starts. His batting average against is scary if I had one stat to help my case against him. Wish him nothing but the best I just see better options at 6.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 am 
Draft Pick

That being said if we give in to the idea Mize will go top 5, who would you all like to see the mets take at this point? I think the Mets are in a great spot with about 10 players that standout to me.

Madrigal
Bohm
McClanahan
Stewart
Liberatore
Singer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 6:57 pm 
Everyday Player

HeyNowHK wrote:
So Singer won the match up with Mize on Thursday.

Remind me what the knock on Singer is? He's actually been consistently excellent all season. Had 1 bad start all season.

Meanwhile McClanahan had a huge game last with 13 Ks in 7 innings. I really think he's their guy. I'll be happy with either him or Singer.

I think Auburn's offense has been crap in conference play, while Florida's has been top-shelf. So looking at the statline, I think this did more to solidify Mize's spot than Singers. I look forward to re-steaming later in the week because I haven't seen a Singer start in about a month, but I'm still going with solid #3 starter, with a couple yellow flags. Still thinking 10-15 range.

McClanahan is another story completely. I think if we get lucky enough to have a shot at Madrigal or Bohm, you can't really pass up on the combo of high upside and floor. But if not, I'm still a fan of going for the homerun pick, since we may not be picking this high for a while. That list probably is made up of a half-dozen prepsters, and McClanahan. Everybody wants a lightning armed lefty, but his walk-rate is absurdly high for a guy so highly regarded, and makes him extremely hard to comp. Like I said, he's a homerun pick, so I'd support it, but I would absolutely understand him becoming the most rapid faller on draft day at the same time.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:37 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mayo has a mock out. Has us taking Bart. Fwiw, I don't see that happening.

He's also got the Yankees getting Rocker at 23. Gawd, that would be a steal for the evil empire. :shock:

Oh and he has Singer going #2.

Quote:
2. Giants: Brady Singer, RHP, Florida

While Singer's stuff was a bit flatter than it had been previously at the start of this season, it's bounced back of late, including when he beat Mize in a marquee matchup last week. In addition, no one has the kind of resume Singer has, with three years of outstanding pitching for one of the top college programs in the country.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 4:00 pm 
Rookie

I can see the Mets going College but I can't see them passing Liberatore. He sounds special.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:08 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Jonathan India, big helium guy heading towards decision day, is apparently not just a good 3B prospect but could also play 2B according to some scouts.

Solid hit tool, projects for average power and has enough speed/instincts to be a decent basestealer as well.

Doesn't seem to have any holes in his game- although that doesn't necessarily mean he has a high ceiling either.

Interesting guy for sure.

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:16 am 
Legend of NYFS

I'll take Bart. What the heck.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:55 am 
Legend of NYFS

Daaaarryyl wrote:
Jonathan India, big helium guy heading towards decision day, is apparently not just a good 3B prospect but could play 2B according to some scouts.

Solid hit tool, projects for average power and has enough speed/instincts to be a decent basestealer as well.

Doesn't seem to have any holes in his game- although that doesn't necessarily mean he has a high ceiling either.

Interesting guy for sure.

I would not discount the possibility of the Mets taking him.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:12 pm 
Everyday Player

Things are starting to heat up as HS teams finish out the year! Perfect game article had Hankins giving teams something to think about with his best stuff since summer, Kumar Rocker losing a heralded matchup with Cole Wilcox (but sitting steady in the stuff department, and Wilcox blowing the doors off with mid-high 90s. Touching 98 and hitting 94 on last pitch in the seventh.

Wilcox has to be flying up the board, maybe into the first half of round one discussion. He's teased at being on that top echelon for a while.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 9:19 am 
Legend of NYFS

Singer threw a 6 hit SO last nite. 5 Ks, no BBs and 13 groundouts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 786 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 66  Next