MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2019 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:35 pm 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
At no point in the next 5 years will our farm system be as strong, or churn out as many good/great players as it did from 2012-2016.

Some serious nonsense there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:38 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Is there any chance they’ll get Fowler and/or Maldonado?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:01 pm 
Everyday Player

HeyNowHK wrote:

If they will sign for $125K or less.

I would think Maldonado would be the more likely option.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:00 am 
NYFS Staff

underdog wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

Hey, they have $23,000 extra according to the math!

I was hoping for Maldonado and Jace Beck of the remaining guys...not sure if either will happen.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:20 am 
Everyday Player

jdawginsc wrote:
underdog wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:

Hey, they have $23,000 extra according to the math!

I was hoping for Maldonado and Jace Beck of the remaining guys...not sure if either will happen.

For some reason I feel, if anyone else signs, it will be Dilan Lawson.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:03 am 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
At no point in the next 5 years will our farm system be as strong, or churn out as many good/great players as it did from 2012-2016.

Why 2012-2016?

Mets have called up some solid players, most recently Alonso & McNeil and possibly Dom Smith and maybe Nimmo as well, all in the last 12 months (bit longer for Nimmo) and Rosario, the Jury is still out, but he was around that time as well.

They had a nice stretch of callups 2012-2016, but I don't think it was so outstanding it can't be matched. Harvey, Thor, deGrom, Matz, Conforto . . . and . . . who am I missing? Wheeler has only been good for 1/2 a season so I don't want to include him. That's most of them. It's not all that outstanding for a 5 year period. Certainly not unmatchable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:36 pm 
Legend of NYFS

HeyNowHK wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:

Really dude?
Harvey
deGrom
Syndergaard
Wheeler (was very solid 2013/2014 before TJS)
Conforto
Nimmo
Rosario
McNeil was there
Alonso was there

How many All Stars in that group? Like... within 5-6 years we hit on so SO many prospects. We hit the prospect jackpot, like... best outcomes on so many guys. You think that's happening again?

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:07 pm 
NYFS Staff

I think 2021-2022 will be great years for prospects and former prospects...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:28 pm 
Manager

31/40 guys signed. Nice

You will be missed Carlos!

Remember Met fans, every trade is different and independent from the rest. TIS...Trust in Sandy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:37 pm 
Draft Pick

tejdog1 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:

Really dude?
Harvey
deGrom
Syndergaard
Conforto
Nimmo
Rosario
McNeil was there
Alonso was there

How many All Stars in that group? Like... within 5-6 years we hit on so SO many prospects. We hit the prospect jackpot, like... best outcomes on so many guys. You think that's happening again?

Other graduates during that span who've had fairly signifiant MLB success: Matz, Lugo, Familia, Lagares, d'Arnaud, Flores, Mejia, Fulmer, McHugh

A very fruitful period, certainly. Whereas if you look at the previous 5 years (2007–11) the highlights are Murphy, Duda, Gee, Niese, Tejada, Parnell, Ike.....that's a wasteland in comparison, burt it's probably closer to "normal" farm system production for the Mets, at least historically.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:07 pm 
Legend of NYFS

tejdog1 wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:

Really dude?
Harvey
deGrom
Syndergaard
Conforto
Nimmo
Rosario
McNeil was there
Alonso was there

As if you have any clue what the system will produce over the next 5 years.

Right now any of these 13 have the ceiling to turn into impact MLers: Mauricio, Vientos, Newton, Gimenez, SWR, Peterson, Kay, Baty, Allan, Wolf, Alvarez, Kilome, Puck. Add a couple of players who they may acquire in the next month and that's a nice foundation of talent (and I'm prob leaving out a few deserving players like Mangum, Haggerty, Acosta, Otanez, Valdez, Palmer etc). Yeah, most of the talent in the system skews young, but that and picking high again next season (and the high $ pool that comes with that) means the system is on the upswing.

So it's fair to say the system is weak right now, but we don't know how productive it's going to be over the next 5 yrs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:16 am 
Legend of NYFS

My point is we had a very fruitful period where the farm produced vastly above average hits. If that high rate normalizes, which ... it probably will, we're producing nowhere NEAR what we did from 2012-2016. And if we didn't win with that core, what makes you think we'll win with the next one?

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.

matlack72 wrote:
I find this talk about Kelenic comical. He's a 19 year old kid who hit .253 at Kingsport
and struck out once a game and people are talking like he's the second coming. Get real people. When you have a chance to get the best reliever in the game who's only 24 and give up Kelenic in the deal, you MAKE that deal. Stop with the nonsense.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next