Switch to full style
The forum to discuss all things relating to the Rule IV Draft (aka the June Amateur Draft).
Post a reply

Re: 2019 New York Mets Draft Selections & Signing Status

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:00 am

tejdog1 wrote:My point is we had a very fruitful period where the farm produced vastly above average hits. If that high rate normalizes, which ... it probably will, we're producing nowhere NEAR what we did from 2012-2016. And if we didn't win with that core, what makes you think we'll win with the next one?

In case you missed it, we were in the 2015 WS.

Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:03 pm

HeyNowHK wrote:
tejdog1 wrote:My point is we had a very fruitful period where the farm produced vastly above average hits. If that high rate normalizes, which ... it probably will, we're producing nowhere NEAR what we did from 2012-2016. And if we didn't win with that core, what makes you think we'll win with the next one?

In case you missed it, we were in the 2015 WS.

"In case you missed it, we were in the 2000 WS." ~HeyNowHK in 2004 as Tej complains about the state of the team.

Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 am

Really solid overall. Even a few of the senior signs were decent. Baty, Wolf, Allen and McIntosh was a good HS haul.

Definitely better than the major league stuff.

Only missing out on Maldonado and Beck were disappointing to me. Barco was a pipe dream after Allen signed.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:16 am

jdawginsc wrote:Really solid overall. Even a few of the senior signs were decent. Baty, Wolf, Allen and McIntosh was a good HS haul.

Definitely better than the major league stuff.

Only missing out on Maldonado and Beck were disappointing to me. Barco was a pipe dream after Allen signed.

Beck just signed.... so your disappointment is no longer warranted. :)

Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 am

I wish Mets GM Van Wagenen was as good at making trades as he is at signing draft picks — that seems to be his forte.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:21 am

I must say, on paper, which is all we can judge it on currently, this draft has been a big success for Brodie.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Allen, Baty, Wolf, Beck, McIntosh, Mangum, Ritter, Duplaintis...pretty nice haul.

...even some of the fringe seniors are somewhat interesting.
Post a reply