MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ronnie james dio diagnosed with ( updated, stomach cancer)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:30 pm 
Legend of NYFS

just got a call from my good friend tony harnell who was the lead singer in tnt from the 80's. i introduced him to his wife.

anyway ronnie has been diagnosed with a serious illness. i was told i can say that, but nothing further.
they have caught it in it's early stages so they think he will make it. he made a 3 way call so that i could express my thoughts to his wife.
ronnie has played in multiple bands, black sabbath, rainbow, dio and now heaven and hell which is just a way to distinguish his work with black sabbath from ozzy's.

say a prayer. he has given us so many years of great music and has made millions of people happy with his great voice and music.

since there is public info out now it's stomach cancer.
prayers to you ronnie, be well!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:01 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Will do. Dio rules!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:30 pm 
Legend of NYFS

right on az.

there is a small bit of info made public that i can share.
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/de ... wsid=50352

"Dio's European tour has been cancelled after Ronnie was taken ill. "Ronnie has been hospitalized and we are waiting for further news," explains Ronnie's wife/manager, Wendy Dio. No further information is available at this time."
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2 ... es_di.html

Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio.

"Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:24 pm 
NYFS Staff

i found out about this yesterday, major bummer. they caught it early so hopefully he makes a full recovery.