MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: THOR!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I was worried that this would be bad but I am now optimistic based on the trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0_FIK6h7t8

Post subject: Re: THOR!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Looking for the Thor video I found this....
Anyone else a huge fan of these Marvel animations when they were a kid?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 pm 
Manager

it looks pretty good

lol...and that old cartoon is pretty good too

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:32 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

White Supremacists are boycotting the movie because there is a black actor playing one of the roles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:04 pm 
NYFS Staff

I'm kind of sick of all these super hero movies.

And there are a million coming out next year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 pm 
Franchise Player

SHPIDA wrote:
White Supremacists are boycotting the movie because there is a black actor playing one of the roles.

That's good news. Do these white supremacists think they will be missed or something? First thing I thought of when I heard this was, "Oh darn. It would have been really to sit next to the Aryan brotherhood while I watch Thor."

I hope they start boycotting life.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:25 pm 
Veteran Presence

I remember as a boy reading issues of Thor. I laughed at the 'thees, thous, wots, churls' and other old English words put in the dialogue, while intrigued at Jack Kirby's art and the Storyline

Looking back, I loved Marvel over DC comics. One could see the angst Thor and other Superheroes in the Marvel Universe faced

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:16 am 
All Star

MikeH wrote:
SHPIDA wrote:
First thing I thought of when I heard this was, "Oh darn. It would have been really to sit next to the Aryan brotherhood while I watch Thor."

=D>

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

dalek wrote:
I'm kind of sick of all these super hero movies.

And there are a million coming out next year.

Well, The Avengers movie, Iron Man 3, the unnecessary Spiderman reboot, X-Men: First Class, Darren Aronofsky's The Wolverine, Zack Snyder's vision of Superman (oh, boy), The Green Lantern (That does look messy), Captain America (I am way too excited for that edition), the next installment of Batman, a bunch of films based on niche graphic novels like The Goon and Cowboys & Aliens which are unpredictable at the box-office, and finally, a possible sequel to Kick-Ass, Deadpool might get his own film (which makes me angrier that The Green Lantern exists b/c RR in that stalls the Deadpool film), Edgar Wright may do Ant-Man, and The Black Panther in development. Whew!

I know The Cape on NBC is all cheesy and mediocre, but I actually wish there was more of a push to serialize superheroes onto television that are live-action and have not been done before (dreading the David E. Kelley-Wonder Woman idea). I want my Gotham Central TV series, dag nabbit, and I want it now!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am 
Legend of NYFS

Prospectus wrote:

I know The Cape on NBC is all cheesy and mediocre, but I actually wish there was more of a push to serialize superheroes onto television that are live-action and have not been done before (dreading the David E. Kelley-Wonder Woman idea). I want my Gotham Central TV series, dag nabbit, and I want it now!

I think the Cape has just the right amount of cheese. I have been enjoying it with my oldest child.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:29 pm 
MVP

+1 to the in some stage of production movies list, Marvel's Runaways.

+3 to the tv list, all Marvel, Hulk (been done before), Cloak and Dagger, and AKA Jessica Jones (the comic called Alias whose name they can't use for the show because of the other show of the same name).

I haven't watched The Cape. Ratings are dreadful on it. I think it's suffering from people associating NBC and superheroes with the train wreck that was Heroes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:31 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Bill D wrote:
+1 to the in some stage of production movies list, Marvel's Runaways.

+3 to the tv list, all Marvel, Hulk (been done before), Cloak and Dagger, and AKA Jessica Jones (the comic called Alias whose name they can't use for the show because of the other show of the same name).

I haven't watched The Cape. Ratings are dreadful on it. I think it's suffering from people associating NBC and superheroes with the train wreck that was Heroes.

Heroes was great until it got too convoluted and tried to please everyone all the time. the Cape is not Shakespeare for certain but it has been harmless fun.