MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 21236
Location: NJ
Saw an old WWE thread but I figured I'd just make a new one instead of bumping that one.

I used to be an avid WWE fan for a few years in the mid-2000's then only watched on occasion and then to a point where I rarely watched it anymore. Lately, however, I've been watching RAW/Smackdown religiously and getting back into it.

I love the Wyatt Family and their feud with The Shield. Again, haven't paid attention until recently, so no idea how long this has lasted, but I hope The Shield don't break up yet. I watched the Elimination Chamber PPV and this match was easily the best, in my opinion. The rematch on RAW this past week was also awesome before the crap hit the fan. I'd love to see a 3v3 again at Wrestlemania but it doesn't seem like that is the direction this is going in light of recent events (I DON'T view spoilers, to be clear, just going by what I piece together from watching the shows).

I've also enjoyed watching Cesaro. I kind of like he, Swagger, and Zeb together but that also seems like a possible breakup.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much I'll follow WWE once baseball officially kicks into gear, but I'm enjoying it right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
nmigliore wrote:
Saw an old WWE thread but I figured I'd just make a new one instead of bumping that one.

I used to be an avid WWE fan for a few years in the mid-2000's then only watched on occasion and then to a point where I rarely watched it anymore. Lately, however, I've been watching RAW/Smackdown religiously and getting back into it.

I love the Wyatt Family and their feud with The Shield. Again, haven't paid attention until recently, so no idea how long this has lasted, but I hope The Shield don't break up yet. I watched the Elimination Chamber PPV and this match was easily the best, in my opinion. The rematch on RAW this past week was also awesome before the crap hit the fan. I'd love to see a 3v3 again at Wrestlemania but it doesn't seem like that is the direction this is going in light of recent events (I DON'T view spoilers, to be clear, just going by what I piece together from watching the shows).

I've also enjoyed watching Cesaro. I kind of like he, Swagger, and Zeb together but that also seems like a possible breakup.

Anyway, I'm not sure how much I'll follow WWE once baseball officially kicks into gear, but I'm enjoying it right now.


WWE has definitely been picking it up in quality in the past year. The in-ring product has never been better. The storylines are still hit and miss, but they have a ton of new stars breaking out as you mentioned with The Shield, the Wyatts, Cesaro, Big E, Bryan (I'm sure I'm forgetting some others).

If you like the old stuff too I would highly recommend WWE Network, only 10 bucks a month.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:21 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
Also, the NXT show is worth the price of the Network itself!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 21236
Location: NJ
Yep, I'm a sucker for classic matches. It's totally different than wrestling today, but how can you not appreciate Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI; or Macho Man vs Ricky the Dragon Steamboat at Wrestlemania III; or Hogan vs Andre the Giant at that same event? I could go on. Man.



Also a big fan of the old school ECW matches. I used to have a DVD (Life and Death of ECW, was it?) that featured the ~10 best matches of all time. Was so entertaining, I regret not having it anymore. I actually used to collect PPV DVD's years ago, but I sold them all except one -- 2004 No Mercy, because I went to that one at the Meadowlands.

I'm definitely tempted to get WWE Network; seems like a huge bargain for all that it features.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
nmigliore wrote:
Yep, I'm a sucker for classic matches. It's totally different than wrestling today, but how can you not appreciate Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior at Wrestlemania VI; or Macho Man vs Ricky the Dragon Steamboat at Wrestlemania III; or Hogan vs Andre the Giant at that same event? I could go on. Man.



Also a big fan of the old school ECW matches. I used to have a DVD (Life and Death of ECW, was it?) that featured the ~10 best matches of all time. Was so entertaining, I regret not having it anymore. I actually used to collect PPV DVD's years ago, but I sold them all except one -- 2004 No Mercy, because I went to that one at the Meadowlands.

I'm definitely tempted to get WWE Network; seems like a huge bargain for all that it features.


Wow, yeah if you like all of those things you'd love the Network. Every single ECW, WWE and WCW Pay-per-view on-demand. I'm a little worried about the Wrestlemania stream crashing next month but I'll take the chance for 10 bucks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:18 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 21236
Location: NJ
#OccupyRaw was awesome last night. Love that Bryan now has a chance to win the title. Assuming he beats HHH, this will make the main event so much better. Batista vs Orton would be as total snoozefest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
nmigliore wrote:
#OccupyRaw was awesome last night. Love that Bryan now has a chance to win the title. Assuming he beats HHH, this will make the main event so much better. Batista vs Orton would be as total snoozefest.


The outlook for Wrestlemania's quality took a complete turn for the better. There's really a chance that Bryan wins 2 huge matches on one card and this storyline that began at Summerslam has a great payoff. Just hope they actually follow through with it and don't have Bryan get into the main event and get screwed out of the title...AGAIN.

The Andre battle Royal is also a good idea, if only for the entrances portion of the match. Hopefully they'll throw in a few legends/returning stars for nostalgia's sake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:31 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 21236
Location: NJ
Yeah I love the battle royal addition, should be fun if only for the nostalgia of returning of superstars, like you said. It should be a cool tradition, and gets a lot of wrestlers a chance to say they were on a Wrestlemania card and the trophy is a nice tribute to a legend; hopefully it sticks.

Not sure if you watch TNA but I can't really get into it like WWE. A lot of the storylines just seem very dry and boring. I've only watched Impact here and there and I've seen enough of Dixie Carter. Even the general broadcast is insufferable with Mike Tenay and Taz.

I never was as big on TNA as I was WWE but at least the brand had some uniqueness with the 6-sided ring, which they no longer use. I did watch their Lockdown PPV on Sunday, which was okay. I might tune in Thursday if I'm doing nothing. Jeff Hardy's new "Willow" character seems interesting but openly acknowledging that it's Hardy kind of defeats it.

Edit: THIS is the TNA I miss (watch the full match, you won't regret it; skip to 7:30 for when match starts):



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
nmigliore wrote:
Yeah I love the battle royal addition, should be fun if only for the nostalgia of returning of superstars, like you said. It should be a cool tradition, and gets a lot of wrestlers a chance to say they were on a Wrestlemania card and the trophy is a nice tribute to a legend; hopefully it sticks.

Not sure if you watch TNA but I can't really get into it like WWE. A lot of the storylines just seem very dry and boring. I've only watched Impact here and there and I've seen enough of Dixie Carter. Even the general broadcast is insufferable with Mike Tenay and Taz.

I never was as big on TNA as I was WWE but at least the brand had some uniqueness with the 6-sided ring, which they no longer use. I did watch their Lockdown PPV on Sunday, which was okay. I might tune in Thursday if I'm doing nothing. Jeff Hardy's new "Willow" character seems interesting but openly acknowledging that it's Hardy kind of defeats it.

Edit: THIS is the TNA I miss (watch the full match, you won't regret it; skip to 7:30 for when match starts):



I try to get into TNA every once in a while but the storylines/production are usually beyond awful and I just can't get into it. There's been a couple of times where I've watched for a couple of months at a time but it never lasts. I do still DVR it every week but usually just delete it or fast-forward through it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:14 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
thebull wrote:
[ I do still DVR it every week but usually just delete it or fast-forward through it.


Ha!

I do the same thing: 2 hour show in about ~15 mins and don't think I'm missing much. I have to say I'm a huge Spud fan; I think his whole shtick is great. But if you need a number 1 reason why nobody gives a crap, generally, its inserting WWE castoffs like MVP, Derrick Bateman and Bobby Lashley (lol) as though these are hugeeeee gets.

I'm not a big indy guy - I only watch Raw and fast forwarded impact so I'm not "in the know" on a lot of the lesser known guys - but despite their hype, I'm not all that certain what the hype is on "The Wolves". They can't talk at all, and while they do a couple of decent spots (emphasis on decent) in their matches, overall they're just not that compelling to me. I know WWE took a lot of flak for passing on them, though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:33 pm
Posts: 21236
Location: NJ
Undertaker's streak was just ended. WOW.

Love the idea of breaking it, but Lesnar of all people?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: WWE Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10097
nmigliore wrote:
Undertaker's streak was just ended. WOW.

Love the idea of breaking it, but Lesnar of all people?


Most legitimately shocked I've ever been watching wrestling.

I thought WrestleMania was amazing- it really felt like the previous eras came to an end with the Mount Rushmore-like opening promo, Triple H losing clean and of course Undertaker's streak coming to an end, and a new era was ushered in led by Daniel Bryan, Cesaro, The Shield, and Bray Wyatt.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists