Switch to full style
The place for NYFSers to discuss everything else, music, pop culture, other sports, news.
Post a reply

Alabama

Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:14 am

Team Blue!!!

That is all.

Re: Alabama

Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 pm

Meh.

It's great to not have a scumbag get elected but it's not the place to claim "team blue won" either IMO.

Too many partisans right now thinking MORE about their "team" than what's right and wrong IMO.

I'm Center-Left and am increasingly being drawn to becoming an Independent.

Can NEVER become a Conservative but I do agree with a lot of their fiscal views, taxation notwithstanding.

The last 15 years I've argued with the far left (in college) and the far right (older friends and family) because I like to be the contrarian. It was fun!!

It's not fun anymore. Very divisive now and a bit scary TBH.

We need better ideas in this country and better candidates.

But yeah, the scumbag didn't win, so I agree it was a very good day...

Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:05 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:Meh.

It's great to not have a scumbag get elected but it's not the place to claim "team blue won" either IMO.

Too many partisans right now thinking MORE about their "team" than what's right and wrong IMO.

Can NEVER become a Conservative but I do agree with a lot of there fiscal views, taxation notwithstanding.

The last 15 years I've argued with the far left (in college) and the far right (older friends and family) because I like to be the contrarian. It was fun!!

You're not alone. Here's a political movement for you: https://www.strongtowns.org/.

Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:51 am

Daaaarryyl wrote:Meh.

Can NEVER become a Conservative but I do agree with a lot of their fiscal views, taxation notwithstanding.

You're ofcourse welcome to disagree, but to me, there's no question which of the parties is right and which is wrong. I'm not partisan, or at least, I try not to be, but, I'm in absolute disagreement with the republican party. If they'd start getting things right I might support them. I voted for Rudy the when he ran for mayor cause I didn't like Dinkins. (Rudy wasn't a train wreck back then like he is now). I was strongly considering voting McCain over Gore, but Bush ran a dirty primary and beat McCain in 2000. I'm not partisan and I have voted R at times, but the republicans have been wrong about everything since Obama took office. At least, in my opinion.

So, in a non partisan manner, I cheer for team blue - if that makes sense. I'm also rooting for the republicans to find their way back to sanity, but I don't see much hope for that.
Post a reply