MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next
 Post subject: Re: Off-Season Notes Not Worth Their Own Thread Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:45 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Sources: #Rangers finalizing agreement with Berkman. Deal expected to be one year. Vesting option possible.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:23 pm 
NYFS Staff

nmigliore wrote:
Sources: #Rangers finalizing agreement with Berkman. Deal expected to be one year. Vesting option possible.

$11m guaranteed. Actually not a bad risk by RyanCo. Short-term. Obviously they are not signing anyone of note with the loss of Hamilton, and they seem to have cooled on Upton (or at least they are keeping Profar and Andrus).

They have enough firepower from the right, Berkman gives them another lefty bat. Moreland, I guess, becomes the DH, Kinsler the 1B and Profar the second baseman. Then they have Cruz, Martin and Olt still in the fold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:56 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
nmigliore wrote:

$11m guaranteed. Actually not a bad risk by RyanCo. Short-term. Obviously they are not signing anyone of note with the loss of Hamilton, and they seem to have cooled on Upton (or at least they are keeping Profar and Andrus).

They have enough firepower from the right, Berkman gives them another lefty bat. Moreland, I guess, becomes the DH, Kinsler the 1B and Profar the second baseman. Then they have Cruz, Martin and Olt still in the fold.

I think they're going with Berkman as the DH, Moreland at 1B, Profar in the minors.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:14 pm 
NYFS Staff

I don't think Profar is spending much time in the minors in any case.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:12 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

via Cerrone:

Quote:
According to a collection of reports, which you can follow on MLBTR, D-Backs OF Justin Upton used his no-trade clause to block a deal that would have sent him to Seattle for four of the team’s top 10 prospects.

The Mariners were ‘clearly overparing,’ and they’re fortunate the trade feel through, a team executive told ESPN.com’s Jerry Crasnick last night.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:18 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Upton Bros to the Braves ? :shock: the stage has been set!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:29 am 
Legend of NYFS

Mike Napoli's hip just lost him some big coin with the Red Sox; the 3/39 deal is now a 1/5 deal plus incentives.

Rangers extended Matt Harrison for 5/55 plus a 6th year option. The deal buys out his two remaining arbitration seasons and at least three free agent years. Harrison has quietly been one of the game's best 20 starters over the last two seasons; as long as his shoulder woes continue to be a thing of the past, I can't imagine this deal not being a good one for Texas.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:36 pm 
Fan Favorite

nmigliore wrote:
Mike Napoli's hip just lost him some big coin with the Red Sox; the 3/39 deal is now a 1/5 deal plus incentives.

Rangers extended Matt Harrison for 5/55 plus a 6th year option. The deal buys out his two remaining arbitration seasons and at least three free agent years. Harrison has quietly been one of the game's best 20 starters over the last two seasons; as long as his shoulder woes continue to be a thing of the past, I can't imagine this deal not being a good one for Texas.

Wow, that is really a big fall for Napoli. Obviously, we all knew it was going to become a one year deal, but I did not see the annual salary to dropping from $13 million to $5 million ( + incentives).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:39 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I'm really surprised that no one was willing to top that. His hip must be a mess.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Sources tell me and @jonmorosi that #Athletics will announce shortly the acquisition of SS Jed Lowrie from #Astros in a five-player trade.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:06 pm 
Legend of NYFS

WOW what a deal for KG and Houston:

Chris Carter, Max Stassi, Brad Peacock for Lowrie and Fernando Rodriguez

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:36 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I like it for both sides. We'll see where Lowrie plays -- I think the performance of the rest of the infield will dictate that -- but he's a good body to have around considering the uncertainty around the players that will factor into their infield mix. Houston got a very solid haul, though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1492 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 119, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 125  Next