Switch to full style
Discuss MLB and everything baseball that's not Mets baseball.
Post a reply

Adrian Beltre, lock Hall of Famer

Fri May 27, 2016 11:06 am

I was looking at baseball-reference in my spare time and I noticed a couple things:

- Ichiro is 40 hits away from 3000. Incredible feat, especially taking into account his years in Japan. All time great player.
- Adrian Beltre is 186 hits away from 3000.

Beltre's still a year and some change away from hitting 3000, but he should get there. It's strange, but I've never really envisioned him as a HoFer(he's only had two years of almost 20 where he finished top 5 in MVP voting), but he's gonna get there.

Re: Adrian Beltre, lock Hall of Famer

Fri May 27, 2016 11:26 am

He has been really good for a long time. I think he got more attention as a Dodger and then sort of faded into underrated territory being on the Mariners and Rangers. What's really amazing is how consistently good he's been in his mid 30s - he's only slowed down from an All-Star pace the past couple years.

Fri May 27, 2016 11:50 am

He's easily a HOFer. He could end up in the hits inner circle of top 15 or better when he's done. He's kept himself in great shape. Had an excellent career. Some prob view him as a compiler but when you count his defensive prowess, that makes him an elite player.

Sat May 28, 2016 8:19 pm

He's a great player. Brilliant move by the Rangers to bring him aboard when they did.

Tue May 31, 2016 8:20 pm

he might be the best player in baseball over the past 20 years that a lot of casual fans don't know or don't realize.
Post a reply