MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:59 pm 
Franchise Player

OH BABY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

http://twitpic.com/womjn
funny pic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:15 pm 
Rookie

Chad said he'll refer to himself as Johnson if he's held without a catch. Man Revis is an animal. That pic is classic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:17 am 
NYFS Staff

The Jets have made a practice of dealing away a lot of picks under Mr T.

But they've done very well with the picks they've kept, with the notable exception of Gholston.

Revis has shot to the top of his position in just a couple of years and David Harris will probably be a Pro Bowler before long. That's two young impact players.

Nick Mangold, especially considering his position, is on track to becoming one of those guys who becomes a perennial All-Pro for a decade. And he wasn't even the first lineman they picked the year he came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:41 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Chico wrote:
The Jets have made a practice of dealing away a lot of picks under Mr T.

But they've done very well with the picks they've kept, with the notable exception of Gholston.

Revis has shot to the top of his position in just a couple of years and David Harris will probably be a Pro Bowler before long. That's two young impact players.

Nick Mangold, especially considering his position, is on track to becoming one of those guys who becomes a perennial All-Pro for a decade. And he wasn't even the first lineman they picked the year he came out.

Regarding Mangold, I was very upset when the Jets let Mawae bolt to Tennessee. Just shows you how far my career as a Football GM would have taken me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:38 pm 
NYFS Staff

Nice to win a playoff game.

Mark Sanchez gave the Jets everything they could have wanted.

Shonn Greene proving to be another great draft pick.

If you're a Jets fan you have to like this team's future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:54 pm 
NYFS Staff

Oh yeah. Kudos to Jay Feely. He's been a huge addition. He's a borderline real football player with the way he actually makes tackles on kickoffs. And the way he stepped up and punted in an emergency today was huge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:06 pm 
NYFS Staff

Great effort today.

Sanchez made all the throws and played great.

Shonn Greene is the real deal.

Schotty with some terrific play calls. Granted, some got them in trouble but they're all not going to work.

The defense played well again. Giving up just the 7 points early in the game was huge considering the great field position they gave the Bengals on the opening kickoff and the first punt that I believe was scooped up by one of the gunners and returned big.

I also thought they were victimized by several controversial calls against their secondary. I saw the first illegal contact on Revis, the PI on Revis, and the illegal contact on Drew Coleman all differently than the officials. Regardless, the Jets pretty much completely stifled the passing game.

Negatively, Cedric Benson certainly ran it and ran it very well on the Jets. The back to back penalties on the FG attempt (hold, false start) were inexcusable. Both times Feely had the kick made (42, 52 yds).

Overall I think they have a lot to be proud of in this first year with Sanchez and first year with Ryan's defense regardless of what happens next week.

As Rex will say, "we'll give it everything we've got"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:08 am 
NYFS Staff

Rex takes some heat for some of what he says and does, but the man can coach and he knows what makes players tick.

Some media guys have taken him to task, with Francesa leading the indignant choir, but the players love stuff like giving them their practice schedule through to the parade.

Another telltale sign that he knows the mental side of players is that all the guys he brought with him are genuinely tough guys and it seems they've transferred that over to the rest of the team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 am 
Legend of NYFS

Weatherford had an irregular heartbeat during the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... heartbeat/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:36 pm 
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
MikeH wrote:
If Schotty goes, I think it is the right move. I do not usually call for a coach's firing, but in Schotty's case I can make an exception.

Whatever happens the final two weeks, I will be excited for this team's future. Give Rex another year to mold the defense to his liking. We shouldn't have any glaring holes to fill in the offseason, so we can draft for depth or for the best player available. And I think we have found a real good head coach. His defensive scheme is for real and his players love him. I can't wait to see this defense with another toy for Rex to play with.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Light draft this year, though. IIRC, we only have 3 picks (1,2 and 7...right?)

I think the picks are now officially the Browns getting our 3rd and 5th. The 3rd could have escalated to a 2nd if he caught either 50 or 55 balls, depending on where you read. He did not get to either so the Browns get our 3rd and 5th but that is it.

Sheppard did not meet the 85% snap requirement which was one of the requirements for the conditional pick to take shape (the 2nd is a contract extension, much like Vilma last year he will not get the 10 million dollar bonus to get his extension). 5th rounder we gave the Eagles last year is all they will get from us.

We have our 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th and 7th rounders. Detroit had a conditional choice for trading Kevin O'Connell to us but I am not sure of the conditions so we might owe them a pick.

I'm wondering what they do with Edwards now as well as what to expect from Leon..

Man, a win in SD would be probably the biggest win in my lifetime considering the win over the Jags in '99 wasn't incredibly surprising (Jax was real good tho). It would be icing to win this game but fantastic nonetheless..

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:

"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

I believe actually with Sheppard we owe them a 4th, but get back a 5th.

So its 1,2,5,6,7 - and I think the 6th or 7th is going to Detroit, but I'm not 100% on that.

I think this offseason's wish list will be:

- Run stuffer on defense
- Pass rusher
- OLine depth (Woody and Faneca aren't getting younger)
- RB (depending on your decision on TJ and Leon's health)
- 2nd CB (although I do like how Sheppard has been playing down the stretch and Lowery could be a decent 3rd corner, just lacks ideal speed)
- Safety depth (potential trade of Rhodes?)

Does that sound about right? I tried to put them in order of what I think the priority should be but thats obviously an issue for debate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next