MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:59 am
Posts: 3699
Location: My basement.
Maybe we should start discussing David Carr vs. Tony Romo?

_________________
Omar Little for GM!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm
Posts: 4467
Location: Darlington County
smb wrote:
Maybe we should start discussing David Carr vs. Tony Romo?


Certainly the Cowboys are well-deserving of derision, but Romo is so victimized by the horrific coaching staff that it is hard to evaluate what he is and what he could be. They have pathetically misused him. And certainly Manning deserves a great deal of credit for the Giants' success, but he also benefits from fantastic coaching and personnel decisions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:11 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:32 pm
Posts: 6385
Genmet wrote:
smb wrote:
Maybe we should start discussing David Carr vs. Tony Romo?


Certainly the Cowboys are well-deserving of derision, but Romo is so victimized by the horrific coaching staff that it is hard to evaluate what he is and what he could be. They have pathetically misused him. And certainly Manning deserves a great deal of credit for the Giants' success, but he also benefits from fantastic coaching and personnel decisions.


Hateraide


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:49 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm
Posts: 4467
Location: Darlington County
NeverGiveIn wrote:
Genmet wrote:
smb wrote:
Maybe we should start discussing David Carr vs. Tony Romo?


Certainly the Cowboys are well-deserving of derision, but Romo is so victimized by the horrific coaching staff that it is hard to evaluate what he is and what he could be. They have pathetically misused him. And certainly Manning deserves a great deal of credit for the Giants' success, but he also benefits from fantastic coaching and personnel decisions.


Hateraide


Yes, I could see where you would say that. I complimented Eli for his great progress, then said the Giants have fantastic coaching and a great GM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:07 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 597
Romo isn't even on the same level as Eli. It's laughable where Genment compares coaching staffs. Romo is the one who is benefiting from a pass happy offense while Eli has a run first team.

Eli was and is better than Romo. Romo has probably reached his ceiling, which is still very good. But he's getting up there in age and he's just about hit his peak.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Historian

Joined: Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:48 pm
Posts: 4467
Location: Darlington County
Maine Event wrote:
Romo isn't even on the same level as Eli. It's laughable where Genment compares coaching staffs. Romo is the one who is benefiting from a pass happy offense while Eli has a run first team.

Eli was and is better than Romo. Romo has probably reached his ceiling, which is still very good. But he's getting up there in age and he's just about hit his peak.


Listen, I really don't want to keep visiting this because every post I make gets misconstrued. You say it's laughable to compare coaching staffs. So do you believe that the Giant staff is inferior or rougly comparable to the Cowboy staff? Because my point is that the Giant staff is wildy superior, so obviously utilize their talent much better. Secondly, Romo was a far superior QB to Eli at one point. For now Eli has passed him, and is on the upward arc. But very few QB's hit the ground like Romo did. It is impossible to make any case that Eli was better in 2006, 2007. Him being better now does not change that.
As for "pass happy" offense, that's part of the problem. Eli attempted 557 passes in 2006, far more than Romo ever has in a season. That's basically when Eli was horrible. A "pass happy" offense is NOT good for a QB. In fact, last year - Eli's best year as a pro - he threw his fewest passes. The Giants learned how to use Eli properly, the Cowboys have used Romo poorly. He is not a pocket QB, he needs to be used like Steve Young. He's at his best when on the move and creating.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:36 am
Posts: 42032
Location: islandia
eli flat out rocks!

_________________
"Here comes the heartache The move out day
Excuses for my friends
Here comes the reasons I have to justify
It's better in the end"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:21 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 621
Eli is a great quarterback. Many people just do not like him for whatever reason. I feel like if you are a Giant fan you love him and if you are any other fan you hate him. A few points on Eli:

-Great in the clutch
-spreads the ball out
-good pocket presence, evading sacks
-has become a leader

No one can deny those facts. That is a formula for a winning quarterback.

As far as the game today, ouch. The Saints are nasty. I thought they might lose but I was thinking 24-20 not 48-27. Its okay, sometimes its good for a team riding high to get kicked in the teeth. Lets see what they bring at Arizona next week, another pass happy offense. Hopefully less 4 man rushes and more creative blitzing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:24 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:15 pm
Posts: 621
Genmet wrote:
Maine Event wrote:
Romo isn't even on the same level as Eli. It's laughable where Genment compares coaching staffs. Romo is the one who is benefiting from a pass happy offense while Eli has a run first team.

Eli was and is better than Romo. Romo has probably reached his ceiling, which is still very good. But he's getting up there in age and he's just about hit his peak.


Listen, I really don't want to keep visiting this because every post I make gets misconstrued. You say it's laughable to compare coaching staffs. So do you believe that the Giant staff is inferior or rougly comparable to the Cowboy staff? Because my point is that the Giant staff is wildy superior, so obviously utilize their talent much better. Secondly, Romo was a far superior QB to Eli at one point. For now Eli has passed him, and is on the upward arc. But very few QB's hit the ground like Romo did. It is impossible to make any case that Eli was better in 2006, 2007. Him being better now does not change that.
As for "pass happy" offense, that's part of the problem. Eli attempted 557 passes in 2006, far more than Romo ever has in a season. That's basically when Eli was horrible. A "pass happy" offense is NOT good for a QB. In fact, last year - Eli's best year as a pro - he threw his fewest passes. The Giants learned how to use Eli properly, the Cowboys have used Romo poorly. He is not a pocket QB, he needs to be used like Steve Young. He's at his best when on the move and creating.


Romo is just not better than Eli in any facet besides running. Its that simple. Eli has developed into an elite quarterback, Romo has developed into a very good quarterback. My hatred for him sometimes biases my opinion, but he really does not impress me at all. He makes bad decisions often. He does have skills though. You can place Eli's greatness on "good coaching" and Romo's on "bad coaching", but thats not fair. The Giants have a great o-line, rbs, and coaching. So that takes away from Eli's abilities? He still has to perform. He also plays in Giants Stadium while Romo plays in sunny Texas. Not exactly a stadium where QBs flourish


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:52 pm
Posts: 1289
Location: Westchester, NY
edmets2001 wrote:
Genmet wrote:
Maine Event wrote:
Romo isn't even on the same level as Eli. It's laughable where Genment compares coaching staffs. Romo is the one who is benefiting from a pass happy offense while Eli has a run first team.

Eli was and is better than Romo. Romo has probably reached his ceiling, which is still very good. But he's getting up there in age and he's just about hit his peak.


Listen, I really don't want to keep visiting this because every post I make gets misconstrued. You say it's laughable to compare coaching staffs. So do you believe that the Giant staff is inferior or rougly comparable to the Cowboy staff? Because my point is that the Giant staff is wildy superior, so obviously utilize their talent much better. Secondly, Romo was a far superior QB to Eli at one point. For now Eli has passed him, and is on the upward arc. But very few QB's hit the ground like Romo did. It is impossible to make any case that Eli was better in 2006, 2007. Him being better now does not change that.
As for "pass happy" offense, that's part of the problem. Eli attempted 557 passes in 2006, far more than Romo ever has in a season. That's basically when Eli was horrible. A "pass happy" offense is NOT good for a QB. In fact, last year - Eli's best year as a pro - he threw his fewest passes. The Giants learned how to use Eli properly, the Cowboys have used Romo poorly. He is not a pocket QB, he needs to be used like Steve Young. He's at his best when on the move and creating.


Romo is just not better than Eli in any facet besides running. Its that simple. Eli has developed into an elite quarterback, Romo has developed into a very good quarterback. My hatred for him sometimes biases my opinion, but he really does not impress me at all. He makes bad decisions often. He does have skills though. You can place Eli's greatness on "good coaching" and Romo's on "bad coaching", but thats not fair. The Giants have a great o-line, rbs, and coaching. So that takes away from Eli's abilities? He still has to perform. He also plays in Giants Stadium while Romo plays in sunny Texas. Not exactly a stadium where QBs flourish


Eli is far from an elite QB. He is good, but not a top QB. He has an outstanding offensive line and running game to work with. When his running game struggles and he is forced to make throws, he tends to struggle. But with that said, yes he is better than Romo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:43 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 11:09 am
Posts: 597
Eli is definitely an elite QB. He is top 5 in the NFL.

Genment- It isn't just about superior coaching staffs. Of course the Giants are have a much better head coach. As far as OC are concerned, I'd take Garrett over Killdrive any day of the week.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:10 pm
Posts: 3668
Location: Infected with D'evils...
Maine Event wrote:
Eli is definitely an elite QB. He is top 5 in the NFL.


Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Ben Roethlisberger, and probably Philip Rivers are all better than Eli. I *might* include Romo in there too, probably McNabb as well.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists