Switch to full style
Discuss Big Blue, Gang Green, and the entire NFL.
Post a reply

Dick Enberg and Dan Fouts

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:51 pm

What a brutal pairing on the Jets games today.

Enberg used to be fine, but his prime was close to 30 years ago.

Now he's misidentifying players. He did it at least 3 times in the first half, including mistaking Kerry Rhodes (#25) for Calvin Pace (#97).

And Fouts is constantly complaining about calls and non-calls by the officials and he was wrong at least once on the rules--
On 4th-and-2, Mark Sanchez appeared to be bobbing his head in an attempt to draw the Bills to cross the neutral zone.

Fouts exclaimed: "That should be illegal procedure on Sanchez. You can't bob your head to draw the defenders offside."

Enberg: "If one of them had come across the line and made contact maybe the officials would have called a penalty, but they didn't do that."

Fouts: "That's a good point...."

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:56 pm

More Fouts--"The Jets defense comes into this game having had trouble putting pressure on the quarterback"

Against the Dolphins? Yes. But Fouts should talk to Tom Brady. IIRC, they got hits on him to the ground somewhere between 15 and 20 times.

Fouts also identified the activated Danny Woodhead as a slot receiver. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Woodhead is just a running back.

Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:59 pm

Chico wrote: Fouts also identified the activated Danny Woodhead as a slot receiver. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Woodhead is just a running back.

Fouts was right, he worked out as a receiver this week:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2009/10/17/d ... ve-roster/

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 pm

I thought I might be wrong on the Woodhead thing since I've been out of circulation the last couple of weeks.

Fouts also proved prophetic on the QB pressure. There were too many times, especially on 3rd down, where they didn't get serious pressure, especially against Fitzpatrick.
Post a reply