MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Bills Axe Entire Staff (Including Bobby April)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:50 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39131
Location: The District
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glaz ... aff-010410

Quote:
Updated Jan 4, 2010 11:36 AM EDT
The Buffalo Bills have commenced "Operation Cleaning House."

On Monday the Bills fired their entire coaching staff -- including interim head coach Perry Fewell, FOXSports.com has learned. Fewell, however, is expected to officially interview Monday for the Bills' permanent head-coaching position.

The team has already met with former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and believes that his interest in the opening is genuine.

Buffalo is also making plans to interview several current assistant coaches to fill their head-coaching void. That list includes Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott, Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Other possibilities include Jets offensive coordinator Brian Scottenheimer and Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.


Some smart team will pick up Bobby April.

Some not-assmart team will pick up any of the other guys.

Let the games begin, Buffalo fans!

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Now Leaving Schenectady
This move has me thinking that one of those 'big-name' coaches will be heading to Buffalo. No way you clean house for a no-name.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39131
Location: The District
Prospectus wrote:
This move has me thinking that one of those 'big-name' coaches will be heading to Buffalo. No way you clean house for a no-name.


I'd still like to see it before I BILLieve it. This seems to be the road that would end in Bill Cowher, but not necessarily the road that WILL lead to him. Shanny's going to DC probably (because Dan Schneider will throw Deion Sanders money at him). The good news for Bills fans is that a lot of the 'cusp' coaches (like John Fox) look like they're staying with their respective teams. The less competition for one of the greats, the better.

But I don't think a carte blanch firing of the staff means that they're going to bring in a big name. The Bills haven't made the playoffs in the 2000's. Nothing is sacred with this group.

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:22 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39131
Location: The District
Quote:
Adam_Schefter New development to coaching carousel and to Buffalo’s coaching search: Being told that Bill Cowher not likely to coach in 2010.


As I suspected.

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Now Leaving Schenectady
Welcome back Gregg Williams?

EDIT:
Buddy Nix's background is with the Chargers working with AJ Smith and the late John Butler. Not saying it will be Marty Schottenheimer but maybe a student of Marty Ball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bills Axe Entire Staff (Including Bobby April)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:39 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
chinabox wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glazer-bills-fire-entire-coaching-staff-010410

Quote:
Updated Jan 4, 2010 11:36 AM EDT
The Buffalo Bills have commenced "Operation Cleaning House."

On Monday the Bills fired their entire coaching staff -- including interim head coach Perry Fewell, FOXSports.com has learned. Fewell, however, is expected to officially interview Monday for the Bills' permanent head-coaching position.

The team has already met with former Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher and believes that his interest in the opening is genuine.

Buffalo is also making plans to interview several current assistant coaches to fill their head-coaching void. That list includes Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott, Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm and Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Other possibilities include Jets offensive coordinator Brian Scottenheimer and Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.


Some smart team will pick up Bobby April.

Some not-assmart team will pick up any of the other guys.

Let the games begin, Buffalo fans!


Ohh no, please don't let him get away...oh man...how would the Jets get on...oh no, don't tell me you want him right away...like as in today...like as in he can't coach in the playoffs for us...

(said in a non-believable, monotone voice)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:40 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
Prospectus wrote:
Welcome back Gregg Williams?

EDIT:
Buddy Nix's background is with the Chargers working with AJ Smith and the late John Butler. Not saying it will be Marty Schottenheimer but maybe a student of Marty Ball.


Brian Ball!!!!

Oh please please please please please please.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Now Leaving Schenectady
To get on the 'dump the OC' bandwagon, Mr. Gilbride, please answer Al Davis' calls.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:15 pm
Posts: 39131
Location: The District
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/glaz ... -dc-010510

Bills interviewing Vikings defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. Also looking at Cardinals assistant head coach Russ Grimm, Eagles defensive coordinator Sean McDermott and Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, Chargers defensive coordinator Ron Rivera.

_________________
“Patience is not a virtue unless you take advantage of it by exercising it well,” Alderson said. “Patience is only part of a strategy.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists