MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jets 2011 IST
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:39 pm 
NYFS Staff

I had to work today and didn't see any of the game, but it looks as if the Jets did exactly what they had to do and buried a reeling team early.

I saw video of Jim Leonhard getting carted off. He's not a great player, physically, but he's a big part of what they do on defense.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:00 pm 
Legend of NYFS

This is going to be an extremely tough game for the Jets to win. I can definitely see Jackson running back a punt or two for a TD. I can also see Vick picking apart the secondary. Revis has not been good these past two weeks and i'm starting to think something is wrong with him that the organization hasn't been open with. These last three games are going to be like he double hockey sticks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:11 am 
NYFS Staff

I no longer care much if the Jets make the playoffs, or not.

The Eagles game showed that they have not been able to genuinely fix their areas of vulnerability that have shown up in nearly every loss.

Among the areas that can't be fixed without personnel changes are the fact that Wayne Hunter is a sieve, Mark Sanchez (like most QBs) struggles when he's getting beaten up, Brian Schottenheimer is the OC, and they are atrocious at defending passes to quality tight ends.

Even if they make the playoffs, it's just a matter of time before they meet a team capable of exploiting their weaknesses.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:20 am 
Legend of NYFS

Chico wrote:

The Eagles game showed that they have not been able to genuinely fix their areas of vulnerability that have shown up in nearly every loss.

Among the areas that can't be fixed without personnel changes are the fact that Wayne Hunter is a sieve, Mark Sanchez (like most QBs) struggles when he's getting beaten up, Brian Schottenheimer is the OC, and they are atrocious at defending passes to quality tight ends.

Even if they make the playoffs, it's just a matter of time before they meet a team capable of exploiting their weaknesses.

This.

These have not been holes that have quietly popped up as the season went along, or unforeseen at its start either: these have been consistent refrains spewed by the fanbase and critics all year long. And no blustery statements of defiance or "we know better than you" type of attitude can hide the facts:

-As the graphic showed ironically at the beginning of the game as they were discussing his potential candidacy for the Dolphins HC job (OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), the Jet offense ranks 25th in the NFL
-Wayne Hunter cannot touch a good rush end
-Brent Celek just put up the best receiving day for a Eagles TE in something like 50 years because, say it with me, Eric Smith cannot, cannot, cannot be a base defender for a good defense.

These are obvious thing that need addressing this offseason. Mistuh T rested on his laurels and did a, simply put, very poor job this offseason trying to take a team that has been on the cusp of great the few seasons over the hump, instead making little-to-no improvement on the roster either via the draft or FA. To his credit, though, I think this is the first time in recent memory I can be honestly unhappy with the job Tannenbaum has done in shaping a roster, so everyone deserves a mulligan (not Matt though - we don't deserve to have to watch him any longer).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:11 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Chico wrote:

This.

These have not been holes that have quietly popped up as the season went along, or unforeseen at its start either: these have been consistent refrains spewed by the fanbase and critics all year long. And no blustery statements of defiance or "we know better than you" type of attitude can hide the facts:

-As the graphic showed ironically at the beginning of the game as they were discussing his potential candidacy for the Dolphins HC job (OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE), the Jet offense ranks 25th in the NFL
-Wayne Hunter cannot touch a good rush end
-Brent Celek just put up the best receiving day for a Eagles TE in something like 50 years because, say it with me, Eric Smith cannot, cannot, cannot be a base defender for a good defense.

These are obvious thing that need addressing this offseason. Mistuh T rested on his laurels and did a, simply put, very poor job this offseason trying to take a team that has been on the cusp of great the few seasons over the hump, instead making little-to-no improvement on the roster either via the draft or FA. To his credit, though, I think this is the first time in recent memory I can be honestly unhappy with the job Tannenbaum has done in shaping a roster, so everyone deserves a mulligan (not Matt though - we don't deserve to have to watch him any longer).

This plus 1 I just really wish I saw what the coaching staff allegedly sees in Eric Smith. The fact is that even though they made the AFCGM the last two years, this team has too many holes to be a solid contender for the Super Bowl.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:12 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Also was it me, or did both Marv and Rich Gannon have an atrocious day yesterday calling the game?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:58 am 
Legend of NYFS

Looks like Jake "the Snake" Ballard is out this week, which I'm actually upset about as a Jet fan, as I think athletically, he's the one TE in this league that Eric Smith can hang with.

As is, look for Bear Pascoe or Travis Beckum or David Beckham or Bear Bryant or Howard Cross or whoever else the Giants want to use at TE to have a big day, per usual.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:09 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Hey! Whattya know! Rich Coutinho picked the Jets!!

This guy is a fan of my teams and I find him intolerable. Please tell me this is how Yankee fans view Michael Kay.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:16 pm 
Blue Chipper

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Looks like Jake "the Snake" Ballard is out this week, which I'm actually upset about as a Jet fan, as I think athletically, he's the one TE in this league that Eric Smith can hang with.

As is, look for Bear Pascoe or Travis Beckum or David Beckham or Bear Bryant or Howard Cross or whoever else the Giants want to use at TE to have a big day, per usual.

Yes, if there ever was a day for Beckum to live up to being a 3rd round pick, this is it. It will also be interesting to see how they use JPP (vs. Hunter). In their base defense Tuck always lines up as the left end. I could see that staying the same. I could see JPP going to left end on 3rd and longs when they put Tuck inside.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:56 pm 
NYFS Historian

NY sportswritere should have a moratorium on the word "elite". There is one elite football player in NY and he's proving it today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:59 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Genmet wrote:
NY sportswritere should have a moratorium on the word "elite". There is one elite football player in NY and he's proving it today.

Yeah, Victor Cruz is having some game......

8)

8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:52 pm 
NYFS Historian

R Nitelight wrote:
Genmet wrote:

Yeah, Victor Cruz is having some game......

8)

On further review, there are two "elites". JPP and Revis.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next