NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Around the NFL thread
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39980
Page 1 of 3

Author:  MikeH [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Around the NFL thread

The thread where any NFL talk goes!

Cleveland Browns got their first win today after trading Trent Richardson, after starting their 3rd string QB, and after their kicker gets hurt and their punter fills in. I like their coach. Creative, bold, and can really scheme.

Author:  nmigliore [ Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

I thought Tampa Bay would be an intriguing sleeper this year, but man, what a mess. Freeman has been brutal in every game so far. This bubble is going to burst very soon; whether Schiano gets fired, Freeman benched/traded, or both.

Speaking of messes, the Giants got plastered today and now sit at 0-3 with the 2nd worst scoring differential in football. Yikes. Who would have figured they would be the New York team stealing all of the (upcoming) negative press?

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

nmigliore wrote:
Speaking of messes, the Giants got plastered today and now sit at 0-3 with the 2nd worst scoring differential in football. Yikes. Who would have figured they would be the New York team stealing all of the (upcoming) negative press?


I'm no Jets homer, and rings trump all, but someone pointed out today that since Rex was hired, he and Coughlin have identical 36-31 records. Yet somehow Rex always feels like he's on the precipice of being fired.

More so than ever before, I'm certainly realizing that Rex, with all of his bluster and nonsense, is a very good coach, and I think it'd be a huge mistake to let John Idzik, a guy who has accomplished nothing in this game and whose first offseason was nothing short of a disaster*, be the one who emerges in this power struggle in the end.

*A disaster that REX is helping to look like less of one thus far.

Author:  Steve The Original [ Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
nmigliore wrote:
Speaking of messes, the Giants got plastered today and now sit at 0-3 with the 2nd worst scoring differential in football. Yikes. Who would have figured they would be the New York team stealing all of the (upcoming) negative press?


I'm no Jets homer, and rings trump all, but someone pointed out today that since Rex was hired, he and Coughlin have identical 36-31 records. Yet somehow Rex always feels like he's on the precipice of being fired.

More so than ever before, I'm certainly realizing that Rex, with all of his bluster and nonsense, is a very good coach, and I think it'd be a huge mistake to let John Idzik, a guy who has accomplished nothing in this game and whose first offseason was nothing short of a disaster*, be the one who emerges in this power struggle in the end.

*A disaster that REX is helping to look like less of one thus far.


Not really sure Idzik is deserving of the hate. Richardson has been a good pick, Geno had been a good pick, Ivory....yeah, injured (whatta shock,) but had a nice game against the Pats, Willie Colon has been a solid pick up, IF Goodson makes a contribution when he comes back after his suspension, then he ended up having a good offseason, not a bad one. Also, he had the cap mess inherited from Mr. T.

Author:  pennst92 [ Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:12 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

Two things - If Ryan would just shut up and coach, he'd be fine. He seems to have done that this year.

I don't dislike the Jets - love the Giants, but this was a team that was long overdue for a fall off the cliff - its a testament to Coughlin that he's been able to eek out every mile out of each player that he could during his tenure. That offensive line is just porous - too old for the most part (Snee and Diehl are overdone). The defensive line has been piecemealed w/ cast offs from last years Eagles team that was terrible. Tuck is done, JPP is playing with a bad back. Our linebackers are a bunch of has beens and never will be's. Our secondary is pretty bad.

Just not a good, fundamental gman team.

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

Browns are supposedly shopping Josh Gordon hard this week.

Talk about blowing it up - not sure you can get full value for his talent because of the off-field concerns, and if their plan is to make a run at Ben Tate and win the Bridgewater sweepstakes, having a core four on offensive skill positions of Bridgewater/Tate/Gordon/Jordan Cameron sounds like the start of something really nice for once in Cleveland.

Liked the TRich deal for Cleveland. Will not like it if they spin off Gordon now too though.

Author:  MikeH [ Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

It only takes one team to trade for him. The Lions?

What if the off-field concerns are real? Get a 3rd-5th for him and call it. Draft another playmaker with the pick. Josh Gordon is very talented, but he fails a lot of drug tests.

Author:  nmigliore [ Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

Gordon would be a shrewd pickup for Detroit after losing Burleson.

Author:  nmigliore [ Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

nmigliore wrote:
This bubble is going to burst very soon; whether Schiano gets fired, Freeman benched/traded, or both.

Called this. Freeman benched for Glennon. Now how long before Schiano is fired?

Author:  MikeH [ Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

Browns win again, Jordan Cameron is a star, and their coach is awesome.

Author:  MikeH [ Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

Peyton Manning is on pace for 64 TDs and 0 INTs.

Author:  sluger11787 [ Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Around the NFL thread

The A's playoff game on Saturday night has forced the NFL to move the Raiders/Chargers game to an 11:35 ET kickoff on Sunday night, as the transition from baseball to football takes a length of time. The game will be televised nationally on NFL Network.

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/