Switch to full style
Discuss Big Blue, Gang Green, and the entire NFL.
Post a reply

Re: NY Jets Free Agency Pick ups and losses

Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Is anyone else sick that they may trade Wilkerson?

Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:16 pm

Steve The Original wrote:Is anyone else sick that they may trade Wilkerson?

I don't want to lose him, but in a league with a hard cap, it becomes difficult to retain your stars beyond a certain point.

Looking at it from a cold analytical perspective, the Jets are better positioned than most teams would be to lose a player of Mo's ability, given all the talent they have on the D-line.

It doesn't get a lot of mention, but you're talking about a player who is coming off a broken leg and who plays a position where the durability of that leg is going to be tested on every play.

The good news, to me, is that I have much more faith in the current GM than I had in previous ones to make the best decision. There's no guarantee that it will work out, but I think MacCagnan will make the best decision based on the circumstances.

That's a departure from the past, when Rex would have insisted on making a deal without consideration for the consequences and the GM would go along. Idzik was just a series of disasters and I wouldn't trust anything he did.

Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:32 pm

I'm torn on Mo, and it's only because the talent on the line is still great.

Because I want Mo to stay a Jet, but it may prove to be too costly...and that's because he's a GREAT player.

Still there's Sheldon and Leonard around and both of them are good players. One thing is can McLendon and that other guy come in and take over for what snacks did...being around other great players will help these two...but also, it helps to have reinforcements just in case Mo does leave.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Fitz back on a 1 yr deal.

Not really sure what to make of the team this coming season.

Mo is back and they used their 1st on a speedy linebacker with a ton of upside (according to his college coach who RAVED about him when discussing all his drafted players when on with Francesa).

But the secondary could be a problem (love Pryor and Revis should be good if not a shut down guy (anymore), but the rest worries me) and I'm not confident with this OL either.

But it's a win now team considering all the good vets on both sides of the ball.

Tough schedule too.

Hope Fitz has some of that magic again.

At least the magic he showed for the first 15 games....
Post a reply