MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Who do you pick?
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
Right now we all know that Rose and Beasley will be gone but everyone else is up for grabs.
I would definitely take Mayo if available.
I think Bayless is lightening fast a good shooter. He could become a great pg in the league.
I like Gordon. He is a tall 6'4" and a great outside shooter.
Jordan is a manchild.
Randolph is a bit too skinny for me.
Lopez, to me will not be a great nbaer.
Love needs to be avoided at all costs.
Am I forgetting anyone?

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 3921
I love love and think he is gonna be a good nba player...but 6 might be reach

_________________
Go Get Manny


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
therick07 wrote:
I love love and think he is gonna be a good nba player...but 6 might be reach

I don't get the love for Love. He is sloppy looking with out good ups strength quickness or a good jumper.

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:44 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 3624
Location: in the sky flying with the fishes or maybe in the ocean swimming with the pigeons
Azmetaholic wrote:
therick07 wrote:
I love love and think he is gonna be a good nba player...but 6 might be reach

I don't get the love for Love. He is sloppy looking with out good ups strength quickness or a good jumper.


No way.

Anyone that can pass the ball the full length of the court on the fly is okay in the strength department. He definitely doesn't lack strength.

His jumper is actually pretty good. He shot 35% from the land of 3 hitting 29 threes last year. Not bad for a 6'10 270 pound big.

_________________
WE are the music-makers,
And WE are the dreamers of dreams--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:45 pm
Posts: 24717
Location: Now Leaving Schenectady
No love for Gallinari?

Love Love too. If you look at photos from his senior year in HS and his frosh year at UCLA you can definately see the transformation in his body-type. He can pass and be an asset on the fastbreak with his passing skills which is rare for a big guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 3624
Location: in the sky flying with the fishes or maybe in the ocean swimming with the pigeons
Love will be a good NBA player, not great, but good. His game translates to about 14-16 points a game and 9-12 boards, mixing in a few assists and blocks along the way. He may have an all-star season or two but isn't a HOF caliber talent.

He's the type of player that every team would love to have due the intangibles, emotion, and hustle he'll bring. He's not the type of guy you want to build your team around and you won't want him to be your number one low post option, but he'll make a fine NBA player that sholud play 15+ seasons in the league.

_________________
WE are the music-makers,
And WE are the dreamers of dreams--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:56 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
Mayo wrote:
Azmetaholic wrote:
therick07 wrote:
I love love and think he is gonna be a good nba player...but 6 might be reach

I don't get the love for Love. He is sloppy looking with out good ups strength quickness or a good jumper.


No way.

Anyone that can pass the ball the full length of the court on the fly is okay in the strength department. He definitely doesn't lack strength.

His jumper is actually pretty good. He shot 35% from the land of 3 hitting 29 threes last year. Not bad for a 6'10 270 pound big.

Umm... very different type of strength. He lacks NBA strength. 35% will get you 20% in the NBA at that size.

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
Mayo wrote:
Love will be a good NBA player, not great, but good. His game translates to about 14-16 points a game and 9-12 boards, mixing in a few assists and blocks along the way. He may have an all-star season or two but isn't a HOF caliber talent.

He's the type of player that every team would love to have due the intangibles, emotion, and hustle he'll bring. He's not the type of guy you want to build your team around and you won't want him to be your number one low post option, but he'll make a fine NBA player that sholud play 15+ seasons in the league.

Loves game translates to 8-10 PPG 5-7 rbs and 3-4 assists.

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
Love is one of those guys that everyone falls in love with through the tournament and gets drafted high and then people realize that his intangibles become liabilities in the NBA game.

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:15 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:05 am
Posts: 3624
Location: in the sky flying with the fishes or maybe in the ocean swimming with the pigeons
Azmetaholic wrote:
Love is one of those guys that everyone falls in love with through the tournament and gets drafted high and then people realize that his intangibles become liabilities in the NBA game.



We'll have to agree to disagree.

_________________
WE are the music-makers,
And WE are the dreamers of dreams--


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:42 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 pm
Posts: 4449
I love Love but he is a better passing version of Sean May.

I like Augustin, true PG and a nice shooter. I also try to buy the Suns pick as they are always trying to unload or dangle Nate Robinson and his expiring contract to get back into the first round and get CDR. Finally in the second i get Chris Lofton, he is recovering from cancer and if D'Antoni goes with the SSOL offense he can shoot and fill it up. He fell off this year as he was recovering from cancer.

I also move Steph to the 2, the position he should have been playing his entire life.

_________________
"It's not a daily regiment, it's not a twice daily regiment, who has time for that nonsense" - Giuseppe Franco Beverly Hills Salon Owner

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 10:57 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:03 pm
Posts: 11834
Mayo wrote:
Azmetaholic wrote:
Love is one of those guys that everyone falls in love with through the tournament and gets drafted high and then people realize that his intangibles become liabilities in the NBA game.



We'll have to agree to disagree.

I have seen a lot of him including a game in person. He to me and many others overrated.

_________________
Free David Wright


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists