MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Lebron Watch
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:53 pm 
Legend of NYFS

And there go the burning LeBron jerseys.

LeBron is now the guy who killed Cleveland basketball for the next decade(they're going to be terrible for a loooooong time) and he's now persona non grata in his home state.

I hope jumping on the bandwagon and becoming Wade's sidekick to get cheap rings was worth it.

Anyone who quotes profits of a baseball club is missing the point. Under generally accepted accounting principles, I can turn a $4 million profit into a $2 million loss, and I can get every national accounting firm to agree with me. - Paul Beeston, CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 pm 
NYFS Staff

Nutsacjac wrote:

LeBron is now the guy who killed Cleveland basketball for the next decade(they're going to be terrible for a loooooong time) and he's now persona non grata in his home state.

I hope jumping on the bandwagon and becoming Wade's sidekick to get cheap rings was worth it.

Cleveland basketball was dead before he got there.

They weren't known as the Cleveland Cadavers for nothing.

They got him by winning the lottery.

He gave them thrills and wins and made a lot of people rich that wouldn't have been otherwise.

He was entitled to make the choice and he did.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:01 pm 
NYFS Hall of Famer

Nutsacjac wrote:

The next LeBron James is out there somewhere...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:04 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Chico wrote:

He did. And he took less money to do so.

Still, he gets the stigma of being a front runner who couldn't do it as the lead guy on his team. He can never hope to be in a Jordan or even a Kobe class. He's the new James Worthy.

Anyone who quotes profits of a baseball club is missing the point. Under generally accepted accounting principles, I can turn a $4 million profit into a $2 million loss, and I can get every national accounting firm to agree with me. - Paul Beeston, CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Ciarán wrote:

The next LeBron James is out there somewhere...

Yeah, but then you have to get lucky too(have I told everyone how stupid the Draft Lottery is?)

With their luck, they'll get the #1 pick in a weak class(think Andrew Bogut).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:09 pm 
NYFS Staff

Nutsacjac wrote:
Chico wrote:

He did. And he took less money to do so.

Still, he gets the stigma of being a front runner who couldn't do it as the lead guy on his team. He can never hope to be in a Jordan or even a Kobe class. He's the new James Worthy.

Let's see how it plays out.

Magic Johnson and Larry Bird are revered all-time greats precisely for being great players who sublimated their personal accomplishments for the good of the team.

If you want to go back, Bill Russell was another all-time great who fit that same mold.

Admittedly, this is an artificial assemblage of great talent in that the hired hands dictated the deal instead of an old guy behind a desk, but it's not the first time superstars have come together to play on the same team.

--------------------------------------------------------
You can PayPal donations to donations@nyfuturestars.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:23 pm 
Veteran Presence

I couldn't stand the ESPN hype up to this and didn't watch the finish.

If you're a Cleveland Sports fan, you may be saying 'it's deja vu all over again' with a list of other heartbreakers in your great city

I wouldn't give the Heat the NBA trophy just yet, anyway. a trio of superstars on a team does not a championship make

Now ESPN can worry about other things...like the yearly brett favre watch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

rejoice1 wrote:

I wouldn't give the Heat the NBA trophy just yet, anyway. a trio of superstars on a team does not a championship make

I don't think they'll win this year. They have to fill out their roster with a bunch of guys making minimum salary so they won't be deep at all. They'll win a bunch of games in the regular season but the Lakers are still too strong and Kobe is still near the top of his game.

When they get a few guys in with the MLE, they'll be hard to stop though.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:31 pm 
Franchise Player

Nutsacjac wrote:
rejoice1 wrote:

I don't think they'll win this year. They have to fill out their roster with a bunch of guys making minimum salary so they won't be deep at all. They'll win a bunch of games in the regular season but the Lakers are still too strong and Kobe is still near the top of his game.

When they get a few guys in with the MLE, they'll be hard to stop though.

weren't there rumors of lebron and co. trying to convince mike miller to come to miami as well? They would all just take a deeper pay cut.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:48 pm 
Franchise Player

They will win this year. They will get a shooter and a big man who can rebound and win the Championship.

I lost a lot of respect for Lebron tonight. He took the easy road to a championship. He ditched a city and a team that needed him (yes, Cleveland needed Lebron) for the quick and easy fix.

I do not know how anyone could ditch the place they were raised so easily.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:57 pm 
Legend of NYFS

MikeH wrote:
They will win this year. They will get a shooter and a big man who can rebound and win the Championship.

Kobe's better than Lebron and Wade. Gasol is now the best big man in the game.

If Bynum is healthy, they still are the best team in the league.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:06 pm 
Franchise Player

Nutsacjac wrote:
MikeH wrote:

Kobe's better than Lebron and Wade. Gasol is now the best big man in the game.

If Bynum is healthy, they still are the best team in the league.

I can't believe I'll be rooting for the Lakers but I will be.

And I agree with NSJ. Top to bottom the Lakers are a better team.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next