NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Knicks off season
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37464
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Azmetaholic [ Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Knicks off season

So far so good!
Back in the fold are Lin, Novak and JR Smith.
Camby comes back which gives them great defensive presence and the ability to go really big if necessary.
Kidd is a great signing to tutor Lin and still be able to help the team.

My favorite signing will be Prigioni. 35 looks 25, 6'4" can play physical, a whiz at passing, a good shot and good defense.

Author:  Ciarán [ Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:17 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

its been pretty good. they still would never get past Miami barring a major injury

Author:  Azmetaholic [ Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Ciarán wrote:
its been pretty good. they still would never get past Miami barring a major injury


IDK about that. I think the Knicks would have been a lot more competitive if they had Shump for the whole series this past year.
Having these bigs will pose problems for Miami. Miami is still the favorite but the Knicks will be a lot more competitive against them.

Rome wasn't built in a day... It did take Miami 2 years to win a championship!

Author:  MikeH [ Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Lin might not be in the fold. Knicks grabbed Ray Felton and Lin may be headed to Houston.

That is kind of funny. Ray Felton is not very good and just a little while ago Mike Woodson said that Lin was his starting PG.

I'm kind of trollnig with this post, but the Knicks are weird and to my mind, dysfunctional.

Author:  Ciarán [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Azmetaholic wrote:
Ciarán wrote:
its been pretty good. they still would never get past Miami barring a major injury


IDK about that. I think the Knicks would have been a lot more competitive if they had Shump for the whole series this past year.
Having these bigs will pose problems for Miami. Miami is still the favorite but the Knicks will be a lot more competitive against them.

Rome wasn't built in a day... It did take Miami 2 years to win a championship!


just dont think Melo and Stat will ever mesh regardless of point guard.

Author:  Ciarán [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

MikeH wrote:
Lin might not be in the fold. Knicks grabbed Ray Felton and Lin may be headed to Houston.

That is kind of funny. Ray Felton is not very good and just a little while ago Mike Woodson said that Lin was his starting PG.

I'm kind of trollnig with this post, but the Knicks are weird and to my mind, dysfunctional.


Jason Kidd just arrested for DWI this morning....nice job Knicks lol

Kidd wasnt really a factor for me, but i agree they downgraded with Felton but probably better off financially (as if Dolan cares about pissing away money)

Author:  Azmetaholic [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Ciarán wrote:
MikeH wrote:
Lin might not be in the fold. Knicks grabbed Ray Felton and Lin may be headed to Houston.

That is kind of funny. Ray Felton is not very good and just a little while ago Mike Woodson said that Lin was his starting PG.

I'm kind of trollnig with this post, but the Knicks are weird and to my mind, dysfunctional.


Jason Kidd just arrested for DWI this morning....nice job Knicks lol

Kidd wasnt really a factor for me, but i agree they downgraded with Felton but probably better off financially (as if Dolan cares about pissing away money)


Felton was great for us... I think he will do well again. Stat needs to go to the Dwayne Wade school of second fiddle and he and melo will be fine. Don't count Lin out... He still might be signed.

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Azmetaholic wrote:
Ciarán wrote:
MikeH wrote:
Lin might not be in the fold. Knicks grabbed Ray Felton and Lin may be headed to Houston.

That is kind of funny. Ray Felton is not very good and just a little while ago Mike Woodson said that Lin was his starting PG.

I'm kind of trollnig with this post, but the Knicks are weird and to my mind, dysfunctional.


Jason Kidd just arrested for DWI this morning....nice job Knicks lol

Kidd wasnt really a factor for me, but i agree they downgraded with Felton but probably better off financially (as if Dolan cares about pissing away money)


Felton was great for us... I think he will do well again. Stat needs to go to the Dwayne Wade school of second fiddle and he and melo will be fine. Don't count Lin out... He still might be signed.



Na, he's gone. Too much going on...

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

Wasn't the overwhelming theory about Felton being great here due to the D'Antoni system?

Like, as is, the system the earned Chris Duhon a fat contract?

And then was nowhere near as effective after leaving such a PG-friendly system? And now is back in a completely different system that is the Ying to D'Antoni's Yang?

#trolling

Author:  Azmetaholic [ Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:12 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Wasn't the overwhelming theory about Felton being great here due to the D'Antoni system?

Like, as is, the system the earned Chris Duhon a fat contract?

And then was nowhere near as effective after leaving such a PG-friendly system? And now is back in a completely different system that is the Ying to D'Antoni's Yang?

#trolling


Felton can penetrate and play the pick and roll... The P&R is a D'Antoni special but Felton used well will produce and can really get Stats moving. He has been in poor shape which has hurt his numbers but maybe a move back will get him back in shape.

As for Lin Walt Frazier says it beat. worry about the 3rd year come the 3rd year. Stick it to the Rockets as they tried to stick it to NY.

Author:  jdawginsc [ Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

The Knicks are the most bloated payroll per talent organization in the NBA. They were on the right path clearing payroll, then signing Amare Stoudamire. Signing Tyson Chandler was a solid move.

Obtaining Carmelo Anthony was what has gotten the Knicks into the same mess Donnie Walsh dug them out of previously.

Author:  Azmetaholic [ Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks off season

jdawginsc wrote:
The Knicks are the most bloated payroll per talent organization in the NBA. They were on the right path clearing payroll, then signing Amare Stoudamire. Signing Tyson Chandler was a solid move.

Obtaining Carmelo Anthony was what has gotten the Knicks into the same mess Donnie Walsh dug them out of previously.


Not really.

The Knicks only have 2 players under contract come 2016, Novak and Shump. The players they do have under long term deals are good players.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/