MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21116
Location: NYC
I'm saying it's "hysterical now" or in hindsight since these two teams seem to be going in different directions *now*.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:50 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10098
HeyNowHK wrote:
I'm saying it's "hysterical now" or in hindsight since these two teams seem to be going in different directions *now*.


Hysterical would imply a much bigger difference than a few games in the standings and both teams being sub-.500 teams. I'd say they've both been extreme disappointments.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
I had the Nets as the better team but I thought BOTH would be much better.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:23 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21116
Location: NYC
The Knicks were 9-21 thru December while the Nets were 10-21. Since the beg of 2014, the Nets have gone 13-5 and the Knicks 11-10 which is better than it seems. Since overall record was brought up, the Knicks are 11 games under .500, the Nets 3. In a weak conference it seems like the 3rd seed is within reach for the Nets tho of course they could tumble out of the playoffs just the same. For the Knicks, making the playoffs will be a struggle.

No doubt that both teams started off poorly but the Nets seemed to have righted the ship. The Knicks seem rudderless but there are 30+ games to go so lots of things can and will happen. The point remains that these teams appear to be going in different directions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
HeyNowHK wrote:
The Knicks were 9-21 thru December while the Nets were 10-21. Since the beg of 2014, the Nets have gone 13-5 and the Knicks 11-10 which is better than it seems. Since overall record was brought up, the Knicks are 11 games under .500, the Nets 3. In a weak conference it seems like the 3rd seed is within reach for the Nets tho of course they could tumble out of the playoffs just the same. For the Knicks, making the playoffs will be a struggle.

No doubt that both teams started off poorly but the Nets seemed to have righted the ship. The Knicks seem rudderless but there are 30+ games to go so lots of things can and will happen. The point remains that these teams appear to be going in different directions.


I don’t see the Knicks making the playoffs at this point, too much going on there. Nets should get in but I can’t believe how well Toronto’s playing.

Honestly, who had the Raps winning the division? I don’t like the Nets ceiling though without Lopez. He was becoming maybe the best low post scorer in the game which is huge especially considering today’s defenses aren't as accustomed to defending dominant post scorers as they were in the past.

Livingston has given them a huge lift, and to be honest you have to be happy for him after all he’s been through no matter who you root for.

Tyler and THJ are the guys I like watching most with the Knicks. They both need work on the defensive end but I like their athleticism and ability to score.

Unfortunately, they cannot take advantage of that athleticism without a point guard capable of running the fast break, or running any kind of offense that doesn't involve pounding the ball for 12 seconds and then handing it off for a too predicable isolation.


I'm just rooting for someone to take out Miami this year.

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21116
Location: NYC
Daaaarryyl wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
The Knicks were 9-21 thru December while the Nets were 10-21. Since the beg of 2014, the Nets have gone 13-5 and the Knicks 11-10 which is better than it seems. Since overall record was brought up, the Knicks are 11 games under .500, the Nets 3. In a weak conference it seems like the 3rd seed is within reach for the Nets tho of course they could tumble out of the playoffs just the same. For the Knicks, making the playoffs will be a struggle.

No doubt that both teams started off poorly but the Nets seemed to have righted the ship. The Knicks seem rudderless but there are 30+ games to go so lots of things can and will happen. The point remains that these teams appear to be going in different directions.


I don’t see the Knicks making the playoffs at this point, too much going on there. Nets should get in but I can’t believe how well Toronto’s playing.

Honestly, who had the Raps winning the division? I don’t like the Nets ceiling though without Lopez. He was becoming maybe the best low post scorer in the game which is huge especially considering today’s defenses aren't as accustomed to defending dominant post scorers as they were in the past.

Livingston has given them a huge lift, and to be honest you have to be happy for him after all he’s been through no matter who you root for.

Tyler and THJ are the guys I like watching most with the Knicks. They both need work on the defensive end but I like their athleticism and ability to score.

Unfortunately, they cannot take advantage of that athleticism without a point guard capable of running the fast break, or running any kind of offense that doesn't involve pounding the ball for 12 seconds and then handing it off for a too predicable isolation.


I'm just rooting for someone to take out Miami this year.

Livingston, Teletovic, and Kirilenko have all been huge for the Nets. Reggie Evans, who played a lot last season, can't even get off the bench. Even Plumlee has looked good in some limited minutes... Anderson has also been a pretty big surprise getting major minutes. Of course, they'd likely go much further in the playoffs with Lopez but they haven't folded the tent. They're just a deep team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:55 pm
Posts: 10583
Location: and Changing Speeds
At this point I'm feelin' like trade Melo and Chandler for as many #1s as you can, trade Felton, JRSmith, Stat, MWP, Kenyon Martin, Udrih, Bargnani, etc for any draft pick/1st/2nd/3rd year guy with a pulse and/or above average athleticism and/or a favorable contract.

Start with Murry, Shumpert, Hardaway, and Tyler and Aldrich, and let those guys and 10 more like them play 30 minutes a night and decide which ones you want to keep to wrap around your new free agents and salary cap freedom for the next couple of years and your slew of draft picks.

I feel like Melo is awesome and all, but I don't want to own the backend of a max contract in his waning years when he's not enough to get 'er done in his prime, and we can't rebuild fast enough for their to be enough time to fully enjoy full-strength Melo.

_________________
Become A Fan at ReverbNation: https://www.reverbnation.com/oddesseyband
Like Us On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/oddesseyband
Follow Us On Twitter: https://twitter.com/oddesseyband
Follow Us On SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/oddesseyband


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:10 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:37 am
Posts: 10098
metswiki wrote:
At this point I'm feelin' like trade Melo and Chandler for as many #1s as you can, trade Felton, JRSmith, Stat, MWP, Kenyon Martin, Udrih, Bargnani, etc for any draft pick/1st/2nd/3rd year guy with a pulse and/or above average athleticism and/or a favorable contract.

Start with Murry, Shumpert, Hardaway, and Tyler and Aldrich, and let those guys and 10 more like them play 30 minutes a night and decide which ones you want to keep to wrap around your new free agents and salary cap freedom for the next couple of years and your slew of draft picks.

I feel like Melo is awesome and all, but I don't want to own the backend of a max contract in his waning years when he's not enough to get 'er done in his prime, and we can't rebuild fast enough for their to be enough time to fully enjoy full-strength Melo.


The odds of us getting another player the caliber of Melo to come here in the next 5 years if Melo leaves are extremely low, and the odds of winning without getting such a player are even lower...we should keep Melo and keep trying to build around him with actual pieces. The pieces around him now are all basically role players at their best.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 2:32 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59192
I don't mean to always come over to this thread to rub something in...ok I kinda do.

https://twitter.com/My_Lo/status/436201 ... 92/photo/1

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
I don't mean to always come over to this thread to rub something in...ok I kinda do.

https://twitter.com/My_Lo/status/436201 ... 92/photo/1

Image


I don't get it though. Felton stinks. Collison looked like he could emerge when he was with Indiana but he stinks too. But how is that rubbing anything in?

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59192
The NBA official twitter account was agreeing that Felton stinks and the Knicks trade target also stunk?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Knicks-Nets rivalry
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:57 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:55 am
Posts: 8279
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
The NBA official twitter account was agreeing that Felton stinks and the Knicks trade target also stunk?



Collison is not an upgrade worth giving up literally any asset was the point of the tweet.

IE The Knicks need to understand that as bad as Felton has been they should not be trying to acquire Collison.

A real dig at their utter incompetence is the thought that they were looking to acquire Jeremy Lin and using assets to do so. With that balloon payment they refused to pay, coming up in 2015!!!!

Absolutely RIDICULOUS organization. Failures from the top down.


I can't change teams but man the Knicks make it tough....

_________________
MarkJohnson>You wrote:

Yeah, and if you're using the "He's 19" logic, then I guess the best report a scout could give us is:


"I have no idea. He's a teenager. He may go through 5 arm surgeries between now and his 30th birthday. He may add a pitch. He may lose a pitch. He may put on 30 lbs and add velocity. He may put on 50 lbs and eat his way out of the league. I literally have no idea what he is going to be."

But thats not what these guys are paid to do, nor what we are looking for them to do, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists