Switch to full style
Discuss the Knicks, Nets, and everything NBA.
Post a reply

2013-14 Knicks Starting 5

Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/47927/starting-5-whos-in-whos-out

Woodson did offer a glimpse into his thinking while speaking with reporters Wednesday at a Garden of Dreams event.

The coach said Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony and Raymond Felton will be in his starting five.

Chandler
Melo
Shumpert
Smith
Felton

Re: 2013-14 Knicks Starting 5

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:28 pm

I don't think JR will start, even when he's healthy, which he probably won't be at the start of the season.

I would say

Felton
Shump
Melo
Bargs
Chandler

Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:45 pm

It'll be interesting to see who out of Bargnani/Amare/JR is healthiest on opening Night. My money is on JR. 8)

I saw Bargnani torch Indiana this year. He can definitely score, but his defense is suspect at best. Felton/Smith/Shump/Melo/Chandler are gonna play 30+ a night, so it makes sense to start 'em.

Plus, I think you gotta give JR some responsibility, and Bargnani/Udrih/Amare/Hardaway/Leslie/Tyler is going to give you tons of bench fire power.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:11 pm

'Melo is a force as the 4, Smith is better as a bench player and Shump needs to lock down the 2.

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Thing is Woodson not only loved Melo at the 4 but also the two PG alignment. That would mean either Prigs or Udrih at the 2 which pushes Shump either to the 3 or to the bench which could be troublesome once JR returns and you try to find minutes for the both of them.

Someone's gonna be the odd man out. I also think Hardaway is gonna have to impress a good amount early or he's completely out of the rotation.

The odd man out could be between Kenyon, Bargs, MWP and Amare. Provided they are all healthy I can't see all 4 of them seeing the floor a good amount. Of course, if Amare goes down that sort of figures things out by itself. Doubt Tyler (who I was much more impressed with than Leslie in SL) gets a lot of PT either.

I'd guess Woody ends up with:
Felton
Prigs (possibly Udrih too)
Shump
Melo
Tyson
Post a reply