NYFS ny mets message boards
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/

Knicks 2015 off-season.
http://www.nyfuturestars.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42250
Page 1 of 2

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Knicks 2015 off-season.

At least they have cap space, right?

Kristaps Porzingis looks interesting, but skinny. Really skinny. He might help this team in 2 years, probobly not this year.

Jerian Grant is probobly a better fit for the triangle than Timmy and if he's a true PG, that helps, but any rookie is an uncertainty.

Guillermo Hernangomez is big and probobly won't come over this year and he cost 2 future 2nd rounders which is no big. Teams with money can usually buy 2nd round picks. Phil must have seen something he likes in this guy, and who knows. If he turns into anything, at #35 it's gravy.

Free agency begins July 1, Free agency signings July 8 but we'll probobly get word as to who they're likely to get before then. Should be an interesting week or so as the roster takes shape. Any predictions?

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

I'd love to add a true starting center, but my guess is they add:

Greg Monroe
David West
Wesley Matthews Jr.

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

Re: Porzingis

My sig kinda fits here as well...

Author:  metswiki [ Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

I don't understand who Porzingis guards defensively. I can't imagine a defensive unit with Porzingis and/or Melo or Calderon that could be less than terrible defensively.

I'd like to see two way players. I like Grant.

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

metswiki wrote:
I don't understand who Porzingis guards defensively. I can't imagine a defensive unit with Porzingis and/or Melo or Calderon that could be less than terrible defensively.

I'd like to see two way players. I like Grant.



He wasn't drafted for this squad though, Ed.


It's an upside play hoping for a new top banana in 3-4-5 years.

No clue if he will reach his ceiling, but the idea behind the pick is that if you're selecting a kid that could become a nice all-star caliber guy, say a Luol Deng or a Ty Lawson, will a (young) Deng + 33 yr old Melo, or (young) Lawson + 33 yr old Melo really be doing much?? Unless you hit big in FA you're looking at a 1st round knockout if you even make the playoffs..

They took a shot at a kid who is maybe a decent contributor for a few years and hope that he becomes a big player by the time Melo is 33 (when he probably won't be around anyway).

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

ilikeike29, I hope you weren't among those booing. I was embarrassed as a Knicks fan TBH.

I'm a Jets fan and have been used to the fans booing the pick annually, but this was so much worse IMO. It wasn't Brady over Sapp or Thomas over Emmitt. Or Kenny over Marino.

It was take a stab at one of these 19 year olds who could be really good in a few years, and they took one who was highly regarded.

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

Daaaarryyl wrote:
ilikeike29, I hope you weren't among those booing. I was embarrassed as a Knicks fan TBH.

I'm a Jets fan and have been used to the fans booing the pick annually, but this was so much worse IMO. It wasn't Brady over Sapp or Thomas over Emmitt. Or Kenny over Moreno.

It was take a stab at one of these 19 year olds who could be really good in a few years, and they took one who was highly regarded.

I was cheering.

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

ilikeike29 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:
ilikeike29, I hope you weren't among those booing. I was embarrassed as a Knicks fan TBH.

I'm a Jets fan and have been used to the fans booing the pick annually, but this was so much worse IMO. It wasn't Brady over Sapp or Thomas over Emmitt. Or Kenny over Moreno.

It was take a stab at one of these 19 year olds who could be really good in a few years, and they took one who was highly regarded.

I was cheering.



Good for you. Not unexpected because I know you are a very smart sports fan.

Author:  MarkJohnson>You [ Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:14 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

Knicks fans: welcome to a Nets fan view of the offseason.

Amazing how 48 hours can sap all optimism.

Author:  ilikeike29 [ Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

Daaaarryyl wrote:
ilikeike29 wrote:
Daaaarryyl wrote:
ilikeike29, I hope you weren't among those booing. I was embarrassed as a Knicks fan TBH.

I'm a Jets fan and have been used to the fans booing the pick annually, but this was so much worse IMO. It wasn't Brady over Sapp or Thomas over Emmitt. Or Kenny over Moreno.

It was take a stab at one of these 19 year olds who could be really good in a few years, and they took one who was highly regarded.

I was cheering.



Good for you. Not unexpected because I know you are a very smart sports fan.

Thanks.

We were in a tough spot there. Of all realistic options, the only pick that I would have really been disappointed with would be Frank Kaminsky.

Author:  Daaaarryyl [ Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

Knicks are building a nice bench, I must say.

Unfortunately, most of them will be counted on to be starters...


Culture change is sometimes overrated and sometimes underrated, so we'll see where this brings us.

Author:  LTKfRGM [ Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Knicks 2015 off-season.

metswiki wrote:
I don't understand who Porzingis guards defensively. I can't imagine a defensive unit with Porzingis and/or Melo or Calderon that could be less than terrible defensively.

I'd like to see two way players. I like Grant.


He's looked solid on D in summer league. Quick on his feet for a 7'2 guy and he blocks some shots.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/