MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:55 am 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
The Atlantic Division has the best goaltending in the league.

Marty
Lundy
Biron/Nitty
DP
Fleury

Pretty darn good.

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:26 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Franchise Player

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Posts: 3623
Location: Shea
Robot Devil wrote:
The Atlantic Division has the best goaltending in the league.

Marty
Lundy
Biron/Nitty
DP
Fleury

Pretty darn good.


Northwest:
Luongo
Kiprusoff
Budaj/Theodore
Roloson
Backstrom/Harding

There is good goaltending across the league. I'm not really sure which division has the best, but you could almost make a case for any division.

_________________
Run it up, Herman! Leave no doubt!
-Coach Yoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:35 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
MikeH wrote:
Robot Devil wrote:
The Atlantic Division has the best goaltending in the league.

Marty
Lundy
Biron/Nitty
DP
Fleury

Pretty darn good.


Northwest:
Luongo
Kiprusoff
Budaj/Theodore
Roloson
Backstrom/Harding


There is good goaltending across the league. I'm not really sure which division has the best, but you could almost make a case for any division.


Yeah, that's a great group, too.

Though, I haven't seen one Northwest division game yet this year. Clearly, I'm east coast-biased.

8)

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:38 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm
Posts: 41318
very glad to see Lundy finally getting a night off. He's been being used Scott-Proctor like. And every game has been so close that every shot has been high leverage. So win or lose, glad to see him get a blow here.

_________________
It's all in the reflexes.

~Jack Burton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm
Posts: 41318
Your Icon wrote:
BTW, I was at last night's game and judging from that and the other games I've been to this year, Avery definitely seems to have claimed the spot as second most popular Ranger outside of Lundy. It's kind of great that on a team full of super stars from Drury to Shanny to Gomez to Drury, et al, the most popular guy outside of the goalie is just, well, a grade A pest/jerk. :D


we haven't had a player this aggravating since Esa Tikkanen. Good to see!

_________________
It's all in the reflexes.

~Jack Burton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:53 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:43 pm
Posts: 41318
Very nice win. Congrats to Valiquette. Very nice work by him and the shooters in the shootout and good PK work and defensive work pretty much all night.

Finally the road win is notched!

_________________
It's all in the reflexes.

~Jack Burton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 5447
Location: Walking Distance
Valiquette owned the Leafs. Avery must be the most aggravating person ever. you saw tucker look enraged and avery with his mocking smile.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:41 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Raleigh, NC
SHPIDA wrote:
Valiquette owned the Leafs. Avery must be the most aggravating person ever. you saw tucker look enraged and avery with his mocking smile.

Avery should be suspended, he is a punk.

I am that believes that hockey fights are part of the game, but what Avery does in instigating pregame fights, and this was the second time in a week (New Jersey), should be punished by suspension Too bad Colin Campbell is a dinosaur and still believes hockey today should be played like in the 70's. :x

_________________
"Groundball up the middle...PAST a diving Jeter!"..
John Sterling, during any Skank game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:37 am 
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:32 pm
Posts: 244
Softwhere wrote:
SHPIDA wrote:
Valiquette owned the Leafs. Avery must be the most aggravating person ever. you saw tucker look enraged and avery with his mocking smile.

Avery should be suspended, he is a punk.

I am that believes that hockey fights are part of the game, but what Avery does in instigating pregame fights, and this was the second time in a week (New Jersey), should be punished by suspension Too bad Colin Campbell is a dinosaur and still believes hockey today should be played like in the 70's. :x


He was also one of the best players on the ice that night. They can suspend him, which they won't, but I really wouldn't want him to change. He gives the team an edge that is obviously lacking when he's not in the lineup.

Btw, I was watching some of the Canes-Panthers game from last night. What's the status on Eric Cole?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:07 am 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Hall of Famer

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:54 am
Posts: 5447
Location: Walking Distance
aeroclearica wrote:
Softwhere wrote:
SHPIDA wrote:
Valiquette owned the Leafs. Avery must be the most aggravating person ever. you saw tucker look enraged and avery with his mocking smile.

Avery should be suspended, he is a punk.

I am that believes that hockey fights are part of the game, but what Avery does in instigating pregame fights, and this was the second time in a week (New Jersey), should be punished by suspension Too bad Colin Campbell is a dinosaur and still believes hockey today should be played like in the 70's. :x


He was also one of the best players on the ice that night. They can suspend him, which they won't, but I really wouldn't want him to change. He gives the team an edge that is obviously lacking when he's not in the lineup.

Btw, I was watching some of the Canes-Panthers game from last night. What's the status on Eric Cole?


avery is hilarious. but he's got some talent to back it up. i wouldnt want to be in front of the net with him. you cant suspend someone for their personality, cant you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:33 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Raleigh, NC
SHPIDA wrote:
aeroclearica wrote:
Softwhere wrote:
SHPIDA wrote:
Valiquette owned the Leafs. Avery must be the most aggravating person ever. you saw tucker look enraged and avery with his mocking smile.

Avery should be suspended, he is a punk.

I am that believes that hockey fights are part of the game, but what Avery does in instigating pregame fights, and this was the second time in a week (New Jersey), should be punished by suspension Too bad Colin Campbell is a dinosaur and still believes hockey today should be played like in the 70's. :x


He was also one of the best players on the ice that night. They can suspend him, which they won't, but I really wouldn't want him to change. He gives the team an edge that is obviously lacking when he's not in the lineup.

Btw, I was watching some of the Canes-Panthers game from last night. What's the status on Eric Cole?


avery is hilarious. but he's got some talent to back it up. i wouldnt want to be in front of the net with him. you cant suspend someone for their personality, cant you?

Its not the personality that you suspend him for, its the cheap shots and the instigating that he should be suspended for.

Its a shame, because the guy does have talent and heart and should in fact let that talent do the talking instead of resorting to his crap. IMO, cheap shots and the like have no place in hockey and it takes away from the sport. There is nothing wrong with playing with an edge, but Avery takes huge liberties with that.

_________________
"Groundball up the middle...PAST a diving Jeter!"..
John Sterling, during any Skank game.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:43 pm
Posts: 2960
Location: Raleigh, NC
aeroclearica wrote:
Btw, I was watching some of the Canes-Panthers game from last night. What's the status on Eric Cole?

Cole appears to be OK, and it looks like he is just sore. That said, his local doctor at Duke will be examining everything over the next couple of days just to make sure. Don't expect him in the lineup tonight or even this weekend.

BTW, the Canes have been playing most of the season with 3 of their top 9 forwards and 1 of their top 4 defenseman out of the lineup and have still managed to do pretty well.

_________________
"Groundball up the middle...PAST a diving Jeter!"..
John Sterling, during any Skank game.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists