Switch to full style
Discuss Devils, Rangers, and Islanders as well as the rest of the NHL.
Post a reply

Pens/Sabres Outdoors

Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:03 pm

Who else is pumped for this? Look at the SNOW in Buffalo! This is going to be nuts.

Re: Pens/Sabres Outdoors

Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Your Icon wrote:Who else is pumped for this? Look at the SNOW in Buffalo! This is going to be nuts.

Seeing Ryan Miller with a ski cap on top of his mask is pretty sweet. All these stoppages to smooth out the surface is not. This is gonna be a long game.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:59 pm

Very cool to watch! Go Pens.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm

I'm not a big hockey fan, but I wanted to see this game. the local NBC station in my city blacked out this game for Dr. Phil, Montel and Oprah.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:54 pm

rejoice1 wrote:I'm not a big hockey fan, but I wanted to see this game. the local NBC station in my city blacked out this game for Dr. Phil, Montel and Oprah.

Seriously? That's surprising...even if it is "just hockey."

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:30 pm

I saw the first outdoor classic in Edmonton (I think, I know they were playing the Habs) and maybe it's because I'm watching live or it's because the weather's more of a factor here but this one's been a lot more fun, although some of the delays at the end did gum up the works a bit. Too bad they didn't really have more time to get the ice ready.

Still...love the Sabres' classic jerseys, love the weather. Hate the Pens' classic jerseys :lol:

Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Awesome game.

Pens win in a shootout.

Sid the Kid makes the game winner.

Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:22 pm

I don't think the NHL could've asked for anything more for that game.

They really should do a yearly Jan 1 game outdoors, and just pick an arena in Canada, and have 2 random teams play up there.

The games should be played in snow!!!!!!

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Great game, great time.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:28 pm

Azmetaholic wrote:Great game, great time.

Anyone who watched the game for more than 5 minutes asked themselves, "Why don't they do this every year?"

It was sweet, even if if the 'rules' make it herky-jerky at times.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:24 pm

This was great, awesome for the game.

There is already talk about having Pittsburgh play Philly in Beaver Stadium (State College, PA).

My only suggestion is to make it a yearly event on Christmas day, this way there is no true sports competition on TV.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:17 pm

I caught the highlights on the nhl website. The sight of 70,000 people watching a hockey game in frigid conditions is amazing to me. The NHL takes a lot a lumps by the media, but it scored a coup with this type of game
Post a reply