MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: EC SF: New Jersey vs. Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2088
Shades of 2003

Image

According to www.newjerseydevils.com, the first two games are:

Thursday at 7 or 7:30

Saturday at 8PM

Champions on Ice is being conducted Saturday afternoon so the ice should be a bit horrific... CBC have been pulling for a Canadien team to play Hockey Night in Canada and thankfully they go their wish as I can now go to the game.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:02 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
Who do you guys think the D-pairing will be for the Devils against the Alfredsson/Spezza/Heatley line?

If White's healthy, I'd pair him with Martin. I think Martin's been our best defensemen and I want him out there against that line. It'll be interesting to see what matchups Lou likes.

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:12 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm
Posts: 405
Robot Devil wrote:
Who do you guys think the D-pairing will be for the Devils against the Alfredsson/Spezza/Heatley line?

If White's healthy, I'd pair him with Martin. I think Martin's been our best defensemen and I want him out there against that line. It'll be interesting to see what matchups Lou likes.


I would not be too worried about defensive parings against them. I'd just be concerned that Pando/Madden/Sarge were out on the ice with them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:16 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
Matvichuk and Martin was the pairing against the TB top line yesterday.

White would certainly shoulder a large chunk of the load if he's healthy but I'm not sure what his status is exactly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:34 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2088
It has to be Matvichuk and Martin... the activation of Matvichuk into the starting line-up was the turning point of the series... after having back surgery in June, Richard was playing out of his mind against Tampa's top line.

If Whitey is healthy I think Lou and Co. will pair up the D as so

Matvichuk-Martin
White-Rafalski
Greene-Lukowich

the 4 lines have obviously worked in the Quaterfinals but I think Lou is going to have to insert either Cam or Clarkson into the line-up by the time this series goes to Ottawa... the physicality of the Schubert/Kelly/Neil
line might prove to be too much by Game 3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:40 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 pm
Posts: 23483
I was thinking about dressing a tough kid for this series but wasn't sure who you'd want to scratch in that situation.

They're not scratching Dowd because of his PK abilities and experience.

They could scratch Rupp or Rasmussen but they are both physical players and it would sort of be pointless.

I doubt Lou would dress Janssen, but there is a chance he could play Clarkson. Clarkson is better than Rasmussen and Rupp anyway but he has no experience obviously.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:46 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2088
sluger11787 wrote:
I was thinking about dressing a tough kid for this series but wasn't sure who you'd want to scratch in that situation.

They're not scratching Dowd because of his PK abilities and experience.

They could scratch Rupp or Rasmussen but they are both physical players and it would sort of be pointless.

I doubt Lou would dress Janssen, but there is a chance he could play Clarkson. Clarkson is better than Rasmussen and Rupp anyway but he has no experience obviously.


This is true but, Mr. Game 7 winning goal, Mike Rupp was a rookie with no experience in 2003...

if Lou were to dress Janssen or Clarkson they probably would get little playing time as is, but it is a given Neil is going to be head hunting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:47 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:59 pm
Posts: 1486
Matvichuk would be a solid choice, but I'd worry about him handling the spreed of that line. Not that White would be much quicker though...

_________________
Weeeeeeeee!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:07 pm 
User avatar
Offline
All Star

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:54 pm
Posts: 2088
No. 2 New Jersey vs. No. 4 Ottawa
Thursday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)
Saturday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
Monday, April 30 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
Wednesday, May 2 -- New Jersey at Ottawa , 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Saturday, May 5 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
*-Monday, May 7 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Wednesday, May 9 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:29 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:32 am
Posts: 14796
Location: Columbia, MD
bel-tron 3010 wrote:
No. 2 New Jersey vs. No. 4 Ottawa
Thursday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)
Saturday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
Monday, April 30 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
Wednesday, May 2 -- New Jersey at Ottawa , 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Saturday, May 5 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
*-Monday, May 7 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Wednesday, May 9 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)

ugh looks like nothing but streaming CBC for me this series. Although if they make the conference finals I can watch it on the 52" HD :)

_________________
2016 Games Attended Record: 3-1 Last Game: 06/27 4-11 L @ WAS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:00 am 
User avatar
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:33 pm
Posts: 116
Devs in 5.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:03 am 
User avatar
Offline
Blue Chipper

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:29 pm
Posts: 405
plash ricrem wrote:
bel-tron 3010 wrote:
No. 2 New Jersey vs. No. 4 Ottawa
Thursday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)
Saturday -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
Monday, April 30 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
Wednesday, May 2 -- New Jersey at Ottawa , 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Saturday, May 5 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 8 p.m. (Versus)
*-Monday, May 7 -- New Jersey at Ottawa, 7 p.m. (Versus)
*-Wednesday, May 9 -- Ottawa at New Jersey, 7 p.m. (TBD)

ugh looks like nothing but streaming CBC for me this series. Although if they make the conference finals I can watch it on the 52" HD :)


All the games better be on that. :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists