MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

?
Poll ended at Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:22 am
Phil Evans (Util) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tyler Bashlor (RHP) 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Anthony Kay (LHP) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chris Flexen (RHP) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tomas Nido (C) 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Jordan Humphreys (RHP) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Justin Dunn (RHP) 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Thomas Szapucki (LHP) 45%  45%  [ 10 ]
Desmond Lindsay (OF) 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
Luis Guillorme (SS) 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 22
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:15 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80754
Location: New York, NY
The Mets 2017 top 30 prospects had the worst MLB production of any team in baseball (-1.8 WAR). YES!!! #Mets

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:19 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21079
Location: NYC
Oh it's almost certainly a bottom 5 system now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
Prospect

Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:29 pm
Posts: 243
HeyNowHK wrote:
stevereiff wrote:
This was a really tough choice....


Pretty sure mets will DFA Evans in a few weeks.


Where you getting this from?


Need to clear 7-10 guys from 40 man for upcoming FAs, Rule V adds, 60 man DL returns etc.

I just feel like he will be one of the casualties. Same arguement can be made with Becerra.

Why is he top prospect in your mind? Can't be cause he hit .279 with a .341OPS in hitter friendly Las Vegas.

Even after his solid AA year, he was a fringe top 20 prospect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:42 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21079
Location: NYC
stevereiff wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
stevereiff wrote:
This was a really tough choice....


Pretty sure mets will DFA Evans in a few weeks.


Where you getting this from?


Need to clear 7-10 guys from 40 man for upcoming FAs, Rule V adds, 60 man DL returns etc.

I just feel like he will be one of the casualties. Same arguement can be made with Becerra.

Why is he top prospect in your mind? Can't be cause he hit .279 with a .341OPS in hitter friendly Las Vegas.

Even after his solid AA year, he was a fringe top 20 prospect.

I asked bc Evans mostly impressed in his brief ML audition both at the plate and also showed versatility and looked pretty smooth in the field.

I don't see how Evans and Becerra would be in the same conversation.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:38 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59184
HeyNowHK wrote:
I asked bc Evans mostly impressed in his brief ML audition both at the plate and also showed versatility and looked pretty smooth in the field.

I don't see how Evans and Becerra would be in the same conversation.


I think you're very much blinded by your Evans-like in thinking he made some sort of great impression. It was 38 plate appearances. It included a bunch of singles, some walks, too many Ks. 28% soft, 36% medium, 36% hard so not like the batted ball profile suggested he was unlucky. It was fine.

Maybe they carry him, but there's no way they carry him, Reynolds and Cecchini on same roster. Maybe they cut the cord on the former 1st rounder, and the guy they've made their 1st AAA callup for whatever reason the last 2 years...but Evans wasn't even going to be recalled until injuries hit, and he was headed to milb FA.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:18 pm 
Offline
Rookie

Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:02 pm
Posts: 580
Still Dunn.

I'm a believer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:41 pm 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23303
Location: charleston, sc
Still would like Oswalt on the list.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:42 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80754
Location: New York, NY
Cecchini, Holderman and Oswalt (in that order). Please hold off nominations until at least the next poll so I can keep track. Thanks.

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:44 pm 
User avatar
Online
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 23303
Location: charleston, sc
Metro2007 wrote:
Cecchini, Holderman and Oswalt (in that order). Please hold off nominations until at least the next poll so I can keep track. Thanks.


Thanks!

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:56 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21079
Location: NYC
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
HeyNowHK wrote:
I asked bc Evans mostly impressed in his brief ML audition both at the plate and also showed versatility and looked pretty smooth in the field.

I don't see how Evans and Becerra would be in the same conversation.


I think you're very much blinded by your Evans-like in thinking he made some sort of great impression. It was 38 plate appearances. It included a bunch of singles, some walks, too many Ks. 28% soft, 36% medium, 36% hard so not like the batted ball profile suggested he was unlucky. It was fine.

Maybe they carry him, but there's no way they carry him, Reynolds and Cecchini on same roster. Maybe they cut the cord on the former 1st rounder, and the guy they've made their 1st AAA callup for whatever reason the last 2 years...but Evans wasn't even going to be recalled until injuries hit, and he was headed to milb FA.

[facepalm] the 38 PA stat-scouting (which btw was fine). Come on. Yes, it would come as a surprise if they remove Evans from the roster at this point. Are surprises sort of par for the course in Queens? Yeah kinda, so nothing is impossible. As to the team not carrying all 3 - Evans, Cheech & Reynolds - I would agree. I have Reynolds as a casualty. I can't imagine any analysis that concludes that Reynolds is worth keeping at this point... and that would be especially so if they plan to add Guillorme.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Manager

Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:54 pm
Posts: 6524
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Uriarte sounds more interesting to me than Vientos. Surprised we've missed him.
He was a top 20 for BA last year in the DSL/VSL. Here's what they said then:

Quote:
Last year, the Mets brought over Ali Sanchez, a Venezuelan catcher with advanced catch-and-throw skills and a contact-oriented bat who caught scouts’ attention in the GCL. They should have another quality catching prospect making his way to the United States this year in Uriarte, whom the Mets signed from the Mexico City Red Devils shortly after July 2 in 2014. Uriarte isn’t quite as refined with his receiving as Sanchez, but he has a plus arm and projects to stay behind the plate. While he’s not a pure hitter, he has a good combination of plate discipline and power for a catcher. He controls the strike zone and uses the middle of the field, though he can get too pull-minded. He’s strong and takes an aggressive swing, hitting the ball with good exit speed off the bat and a chance for 15-plus home runs in his prime.


So you have a guy who projects as a decent defensive catcher, with pop, who put up some nice numbers this year in the APPY, with 5 HR, and threw out 14 of 42 runners.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who is #5?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:14 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21079
Location: NYC
acerimusdux wrote:
Uriarte sounds more interesting to me than Vientos. Surprised we've missed him.
He was a top 20 for BA last year in the DSL/VSL. Here's what they said then:

Quote:
Last year, the Mets brought over Ali Sanchez, a Venezuelan catcher with advanced catch-and-throw skills and a contact-oriented bat who caught scouts’ attention in the GCL. They should have another quality catching prospect making his way to the United States this year in Uriarte, whom the Mets signed from the Mexico City Red Devils shortly after July 2 in 2014. Uriarte isn’t quite as refined with his receiving as Sanchez, but he has a plus arm and projects to stay behind the plate. While he’s not a pure hitter, he has a good combination of plate discipline and power for a catcher. He controls the strike zone and uses the middle of the field, though he can get too pull-minded. He’s strong and takes an aggressive swing, hitting the ball with good exit speed off the bat and a chance for 15-plus home runs in his prime.


So you have a guy who projects as a decent defensive catcher, with pop, who put up some nice numbers this year in the APPY, with 5 HR, and threw out 14 of 42 runners.

I don't think he was missed. I have him in the mid teens. He'll be nominated shortly.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Asbury Mark, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], HeyNowHK, hotlyds87, jdawginsc, luciferase, MarkJohnson>You, Mavericknyc1980, Metro2007, Metsfan980, slugox, SNESandMets, Steve The Original, underdog and 146 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists