MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:28 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:57 pm
Posts: 80752
Location: New York, NY
Josh Edgin has elected free agency

_________________
Twit-@Wexlerrules
Staunch anti-BADP (Batting average dependent players)
Pronounced "Dar-No"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:56 am 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
Like Ruben Tejada, I predict Josh Edgin spends the remainder of his career, when people bother questioning whether or not he should be a big leaguer, not being a big leaguer.

Being put on the Mets 40 man roster is basically the equivalent of receiving tenure - stinks for those guys when they finally move on and they actually have their MLB-ness questioned a bit. Looking at you, Erik Goeddel and Matt Reynolds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:44 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12278
Goeddel, Reynolds, and I'll throw Smoker and Robles on to the list of pitchers I wish the Mets would divest themselves of


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:20 pm 
User avatar
Offline
MVP

Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:19 pm
Posts: 2552
Steve The Original wrote:
Goeddel, Reynolds, and I'll throw Smoker and Robles on to the list of pitchers I wish the Mets would divest themselves of


Even though at one point I really thought Montero was becoming serviceable, his dismal showing in the last few games makes me feel he should be added to your list. The ONLY one I would consider keeping in that group is Smoker because (1) he is a southpaw, (2) he throws hard and most importantly, (3) he actually looked pretty good after the ASB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:14 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 12278
Oh yeah...Montero too. Still not sure about Smoker. I don't think I can let one good month which happens to be the worst month to judge talent give him a pass for the previous months where he pitched lousy. I think he's mediocre at best


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:38 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
Did Montero ever spend 20 days consecutively in the minors? If not, believe he still has an option, which almost CERTAINLY spares his spot this winter despite, again, him showing he's just not any good (for the 4th straight season).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:54 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11628
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Did Montero ever spend 20 days consecutively in the minors? If not, believe he still has an option, which almost CERTAINLY spares his spot this winter despite, again, him showing he's just not any good (for the 4th straight season).


HK pointed out that it's 20 days total, not 20 consecutive. I've not had any luck verifying that. TPG says Montero's used an option so he might not have anymore.

He's a tough one. The mets need starting pitchers but he's pretty fringy if he's out of options. On the plus side, he might not object to taking a 15 day DL whenever the mets need to make a roster move, so maybe they could work it out.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:56 pm 
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am
Posts: 11628
Location: Somebody's stolen my avatar
I just want to say on Edgin, pre-injury, he was a fun lefty pitcher. He kind of reminds me of Matz, a relief pitcher, less exciting version but he was a legit major leaguer before the injuries slowed him down.

_________________
http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com

and, I've always loved a good underdog story. Go Mets (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:59 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 38246
Location: Panic City
He'll be back by June.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 5:05 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 am
Posts: 21069
Location: NYC
LTKfRGM wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Did Montero ever spend 20 days consecutively in the minors? If not, believe he still has an option, which almost CERTAINLY spares his spot this winter despite, again, him showing he's just not any good (for the 4th straight season).


HK pointed out that it's 20 days total, not 20 consecutive. I've not had any luck verifying that. TPG says Montero's used an option so he might not have anymore.

He's a tough one. The mets need starting pitchers but he's pretty fringy if he's out of options. On the plus side, he might not object to taking a 15 day DL whenever the mets need to make a roster move, so maybe they could work it out.

Not to mention that I believe he was already one of those rare 4th option year cases bc his 2015 was a near wipe out iirc.

I think he'll almost certainly be thrown into a trade.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 pm 
User avatar
Online
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:56 pm
Posts: 59177
HeyNowHK wrote:
LTKfRGM wrote:
MarkJohnson>You wrote:
Did Montero ever spend 20 days consecutively in the minors? If not, believe he still has an option, which almost CERTAINLY spares his spot this winter despite, again, him showing he's just not any good (for the 4th straight season).


HK pointed out that it's 20 days total, not 20 consecutive. I've not had any luck verifying that. TPG says Montero's used an option so he might not have anymore.

He's a tough one. The mets need starting pitchers but he's pretty fringy if he's out of options. On the plus side, he might not object to taking a 15 day DL whenever the mets need to make a roster move, so maybe they could work it out.

Not to mention that I believe he was already one of those rare 4th option year cases bc his 2015 was a near wipe out iirc.

I think he'll almost certainly be thrown into a trade.


He wasn’t a 4th yr IIRC- they rescinded his optional assignment in 2015 after he claimed he was injured and instead he spent the year on the major league DL.

Kinda like that trick Puello tried to play. Then we cut him anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Happy Trails, Josh Edgin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:33 pm 
Offline
Veteran Presence

Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:31 pm
Posts: 4447
LTKfRGM wrote:
I just want to say on Edgin, pre-injury, he was a fun lefty pitcher. He kind of reminds me of Matz, a relief pitcher, less exciting version but he was a legit major leaguer before the injuries slowed him down.


Good luck to him in his career but I can’t say I have the same memories of Edgin. Had a nice 2014 but other than that IMHO was pretty much below average. But I’m getting old so my memory isn’t what it was

_________________
"It's not a daily regiment, it's not a twice daily regiment, who has time for that nonsense" - Giuseppe Franco Beverly Hills Salon Owner

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em... ...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MarkJohnson>You, Mogriffjr, slugox, tejdog1 and 81 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


SUPPORT NYFS VIA OUR NETWORK OF SITES: FIND AN AA MEETING | FIND A JOB NEAR YOU | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | HOME REPAIR CONTRACTOR BUILDER AC HEAT | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT AND RESOURCES | THE SOULCIALISTS LIVE LOCAL PIANO MUSIC TREASURE COAST | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT NEAR YOU | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GOLF BEACH RESORT HOTELS RESTAURANTS BED BREAKFAST | HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | METRO BUS TRAIN SUBWAY AIRPORT HELIPORT | VETERAN TIPS CRAFT DIY RECIPES | ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS NEAR YOU | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL HEALTHY HEART DIABETIC RESTAURANTS AND STORES | CHURCH TEMPLE MOSQUE OR PLACE OF WORSHIP NEAR YOU | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB | SUICIDE HOTLINE DANIELLE COLBERT PHOTO MUG SHOT | © Untraditional Media

The%20Soulcialists