MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wright retiring next week?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:35 pm 
Legend of NYFS

100000000000000000% take with a grain of salt but one of the Mets "insiders" on another site is implying as such.

Post subject: Re: Wright retiring next week?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
Better be one of the 1000 false alarms posted here in the last year. Tho him waiting a week to talk makes me nervous.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Metro2007 wrote:
100000000000000000% take with a grain of salt but one of the Mets "insiders" on another site is implying as such.

Mostly disregard. I think this is the new policy of players not addresses injuries themselves.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Mets list him as Day To Day.

8)

8)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:53 pm 
General Manager

Would not shock me. Really have to think everyone involved wants to put this thing to bed already.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:32 pm 
Blue Chipper

I hope so. He's done.

What a dang shame. He was on the road to the hall.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:55 pm 
MVP

MetGirl5 wrote:
Better be one of the 1000 false alarms posted here in the last year. Tho him waiting a week to talk makes me nervous.

Why do you want this to be a false alarm? He was never coming back anywhere near 100% unfortunatley. At this point, him retiring is best for everyone involved (except the Wilpon's).

If this is true, I'm dying to see the nonsense the Wilpons and Sandy come up with,when the media informs them that they now have 20 million more to spend on payroll.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:58 pm 
General Manager

I assume Wright is getting most of his money via insurance but leaving any piece of it on the table should shame the people judging his character for wanting to come back dismissing it as being solely money driven. But even leaving none of it on the table and informally ending his comeback bid would also prove it wasn’t about the money.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:03 pm 
General Manager

piazzafan wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

Why do you want this to be a false alarm? He was never coming back anywhere near 100% unfortunatley. At this point, him retiring is best for everyone involved (except the Wilpon's).

If this is true, I'm dying to see the nonsense the Wilpons and Sandy come up with,when the media informs them that they now have 20 million more to spend on payroll.

He’s also 35 years old which could be problematic even without all these different injuries. At some point this was going to come to a head.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:05 pm 
MVP

AllWrightNow wrote:
I assume Wright is getting most of his money via insurance but leaving any piece of it on the table should shame the people judging his character for wanting to come back dismissing it as being solely money driven. But even leaving none of it on the table and informally ending his comeback bid would also prove it wasn’t about the money.

If he retires the insurance will not cover anything and the contract becomes null and void.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:07 pm 
General Manager

Yeah, regardless of the injuries, his normal regression might have been pushing him to a more limited role anyway - and the injuries/surgeries on top of that? Finished.

Don't forget, he hit just 8 homers in his lat 500+ AB season - 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:13 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Location: Contemplating the meaning of life, and why god made me a Mets fan
piazzafan wrote:
MetGirl5 wrote:

Obviously because I don’t want him to retire. Is it really that hard to figure out.

Rich Coutinho wrote:
When I hear Yankee fans whine I always laugh. It is like the people who invented the color blue complaining about life

RIP uapeople