MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7740
Prepare for new levels of whining from GKR


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:55 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:12 pm
Posts: 39757
Location: Panic City
TomInNC wrote:
Prepare for new levels of whining from GKR



There won't be time.


8)

_________________
Whatever.

8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:58 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Exec. VP Baseball Operations

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 8715
Would be nice if there was information in the thread about the actual rules instead of just pejoratives about GKR

_________________
Original drummer for the Wilpons Are Cheap.
"Reyes is a virus" guy is right.
R Nitelight on 7/16/2018 wrote:
I honestly don't care about winning or losing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7740
Yeah that would have been nice


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 pm
Posts: 13215
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mlb-cuts-mound-visits-to-six-per-game-in-new-pace-of-play-initiatives/266728822

Quote:
Major League Baseball continues to implement new rules to increase the pace-of-play, so the game can move at a more steady pace. While the pitch clock and batter having to keep one foot in the batter's box have aided in speeding the game up, the MLB has now issued a mandate limiting the amount of mound visits for each team.

Mound visits will be capped at six per game. The definition of a mound visit was specified by the MLB in an official announcement.

"A manager or coach trip to the mound to meet with the pitcher shall constitute a visit," the statement read. "A player leaving his position to confer with the pitching, inlcuding a pitcher leaving the mound to confer with another player, shall also constitute a mound visit, regardless of where the visit occurs or the length of the visit..."

So, catchers running up to converse with the pitcher will count as a mound visit. That is why Mets manager Mickey Callaway will make it a priority for his pitchers and catchers to always have good communication.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
NYFS Staff

Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:37 am
Posts: 25028
Location: charleston, sc
Which means after the fifth pitcher, pitching changes have to be screamed from the dugout.

_________________
"The most potent weapon of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed." Steven Biko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:06 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29713
Location: Danbury, CT
Stop messing with the game you stupid morons.

_________________
Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:03 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:01 am
Posts: 24803
Location: Pittsburgh
Steve The Original wrote:
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mlb-cuts-mound-visits-to-six-per-game-in-new-pace-of-play-initiatives/266728822

Quote:
Major League Baseball continues to implement new rules to increase the pace-of-play, so the game can move at a more steady pace. While the pitch clock and batter having to keep one foot in the batter's box have aided in speeding the game up, the MLB has now issued a mandate limiting the amount of mound visits for each team.

Mound visits will be capped at six per game. The definition of a mound visit was specified by the MLB in an official announcement.

"A manager or coach trip to the mound to meet with the pitcher shall constitute a visit," the statement read. "A player leaving his position to confer with the pitching, inlcuding a pitcher leaving the mound to confer with another player, shall also constitute a mound visit, regardless of where the visit occurs or the length of the visit..."

So, catchers running up to converse with the pitcher will count as a mound visit. That is why Mets manager Mickey Callaway will make it a priority for his pitchers and catchers to always have good communication.


Pretty sure that juicing the crap out of the ball has done a hell of a lot more to lengthen games than mound visits have.

_________________
Baseball has a way of ripping your ❤️ out, stabbing it, putting it back in your chest, then healing itself just in time for Spring Training. - Thor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:33 pm 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 12:17 pm
Posts: 7326
Oh joy. More reasons for old men to yell at clouds.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:43 pm 
User avatar
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:36 pm
Posts: 7233
Are there games where managers make more than six mound visits? Assuming we're not counting an actual pitching change as a mound visit or you can make pitching changes from the dugout, to me this is a whole bunch of nothing. I can't imagine they'd forgo pitching changes in extra innings cause some manager used his allotment of mound visits.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 am 
User avatar
Offline
Legend of NYFS

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:56 pm
Posts: 29713
Location: Danbury, CT
dragonfly wrote:
Oh joy. More reasons for old men to yell at clouds.


I'm not even old and this is stupid as hell. The game is fine. Cut down commercials if you want to slice gametimes. But they won't.

_________________
Terry Collins cost the Mets a World Series title.

The Wilpons are the worst owners in worldwide professional sports.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New pace of play rules
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:14 am 
Offline
General Manager

Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:45 pm
Posts: 7740
AllWrightNow wrote:
Are there games where managers make more than six mound visits? Assuming we're not counting an actual pitching change as a mound visit or you can make pitching changes from the dugout, to me this is a whole bunch of nothing. I can't imagine they'd forgo pitching changes in extra innings cause some manager used his allotment of mound visits.

Extra innings you get a visit per inning. Pitching changes don’t count, but catcher visits and PC visits count.

No one will be making pitching changes from the dugout.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BastardsonofMr.Met, Google [Bot], Metsfan980, MX25, sluger11787, The Juice and 149 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group


FIND AN AA MEETING | SUICIDE DEPRESSION ADDICTION HELP | BOOK REVIEWS EDITORIAL BEST SELLERS | LOCAL DOCTORS HOSPITAL EMERGENCY CARE | LOCAL LIVE MUSIC OPEN MIC JAM | FIND YOUR CONGRESSMAN AND WHERE TO VOTE | WOMEN VETERANS HELP SUPPORT | PET FRIENDLY PARKS HOTELS | SOLAR WIND RENEWABLE POWER | FILE TAX RETURN ATTORNEY | 4G SEO SMART PHONES TABLET WEB | BIRTHDAY PARTY RENTAL CHARACTERS | HOMES APARTMENTS FOR SALE OR RENT | SPORT COURT GYM FITNESS CLUB TRACK FIELD | GET HEALTH LIFE AUTO HOME INSURANCE QUOTE | VETERAN TIPS ON CRAFT DIY RECIPES | FIND ATM BRANCH CONSOLIDATION STUDENT CREDIT LOAN RATES | LOCAL NEWS AND RSS FEEDS | CHRISTMAS BLACK FRIDAY BACK TO SCHOOL SALE | LATEST E NEWS ON MOVIES TV GAMES GIFTS BOOKS | LAST MINUTE ANNIVERSARY BIRTHDAY HOUSE WARMING GIFTS | LOCAL ARTS CRAFTS SUPPLY STORE | LOCAL LINKS TO RESTAURANTS AIRPORTS DRUG STORES | DRUG OXY OPIATE ALCOHOL PHYSICAL REHAB LOCAL NEW OR USED BOOK STORE | KNICKS BLOG FORUM BOARDS | © Untraditional Media