MESSAGE BOARDS TOOLS:  Search | Members | User Control Panel |   | Login 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your 2018 Mets top 50 prospects
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:40 pm 
Fan Favorite

Takes sometime but I think the farm makes a considerable jump this year.

Where Are my Shades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you build from within, we will WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! Never underestimate the HEART OF A MAVERICK AND A CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!! It won’t matter what we do . We are the Mets it won’t work out!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:13 am 
Blue Chipper

They have a chance to turn things around this season...

This is how:
- Anthony Kay & Peterson both have to deliver in Columbia...
- Andres Gimenez has to have another strong season... if yes, he will break into the top 100.
- Justin Dunn has to turn things around.. He has the raw talent just needs to put it together.
- #6 pick needs to be a stud....
- Mark Vientos has to continue his rise through the system.
- Some of the guys from DSL have to come stateside and continue to perform... Espino, Peroza, Romero break into the Mets Top 30..
- Bautista has to dominate AA/AAA... Top 10 prospect potential...
- Cecchini has to breakout at AAA.

If each of these things happen, Mets can turn it around but it’s more likely, Mets end up being buyers at the deadline and give away some of the few pieces that they actually have and the farm stays near the bottom of the rankings..

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:38 am 
Legend of NYFS

Humphreys has a 0% chance of throwing a pitch in 2018 so I'm not even sure why he's being mentioned.

Szapucki had TJ in July so barring a truly shocking turn of events if he even throws a few innings it won't be enough to judge anything. So while there are players who may emerge these 2 would not be even worth mentioning.

-Cecchini can still be an MLB player but there is no real way he "breaks out" in AAA, his numbers year 3 at the level would be judged as such (PCL, LV, 3rd year there?)

-Gimenez has a shot to be top 100, he's already almost there but he's not likely a "helium" candidate given his tools.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:40 am 
NYFS Staff

Peterson, Lindsay, Vientos and Dunn are likely to see some boost this year I think.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

If everything goes right we'll have a good system. If everything goes wrong we won't.

Why worry?

8)

8)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:17 pm 
General Manager

I think you can keep your shades locked up until further notice however.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:16 pm 
Legend of NYFS

BA's top 30 rookies in 2018, 0 Mets

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:48 pm 
Legend of NYFS

jdawginsc wrote:
Peterson, Lindsay, Vientos and Dunn are likely to see some boost this year I think.

I'm optimistic on Peterson, Lindsay, Vientos, Gimenez (making all 3 top 100s next year), Kay (though I don't think he's top 100 material).

Not optimistic on Dunn, I think he is what he is, a guy who's destined for the pen.

Alonso could climb, but bad fielding righty first basemen, fun for us, kind of irrelevant in the team rankings. He'd need to hit 400 to make some noise on the prospect ranking lists.

Mauricio is a sleeper if he comes stateside. (any word on that?) and the #6 pick won't hurt.

Guillorme is a sleeper if he retains his rookie status, but he could lose that this year.

I think they get better by default, cause last year was a bad year for them and #6 pick. I have a tough time seeing them get much better, but they should climb up a few spots from #25 (or Klaw's #21?). . . maybe ranked 20-21 should be the goal for next year. That sounds about right.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:52 pm 
Legend of NYFS

Kay would be a true shocker at 23 years old with likely a innings limit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:54 pm 
Rookie

I think Alonso's defense is overstated. If he were lefty there'd be way more optimism from scouts there. His bat is what really matters anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:56 pm 
Rookie

Metro2007 wrote:
BA's top 30 rookies in 2018, 0 Mets

But honestly, who cares? Rosario is probably top five if he gets 50 less PAs last year.

We look fine in the "under 25" rankings and that's what really matters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:32 pm 
General Manager

Saw this on MLB Pipeline:

Peter Alonso's 92.5-mph avg. exit velocity last year was tops in the #Mets org, at any level, and was higher than all but 3 qualified @MLB hitters: Aaron Judge, Nelson Cruz & Joey Gallo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next